How to have simple test using 20706 evb with J18 Uart

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ryli_4531716
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Hi,

We would like to using evb J18 Uart to connect a main ic evb like microchip evb,

is there a way have simple this uart connection test using using wiced studio?

thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Pin 5 to 8 of J18 are dedicated pins of the HCI UART for 20706. You may issue HCI commands via here when the IC is rebooted in HCI mode. Do also ensure that all the pins of J26 are all closed on the eval board.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

For the purpose of demo, I connect a cyw920706wcdeval board to my PC and download the below app onto it.

snip.hal.puart-CYW920706WCDEVAL download

In my device hardware manager, com5 is hci port and com6 is puart.

I use tera term to connect to com6 and do a reset of the eval board. Now follow the on-screen instruction and whatever

you type on the keyboard will be reflected on it. This app will give you an idea on how to use the puart driver interface to

send and receive.

HI,

I think this path is use for windows host

is any sample or sop to connect with a linux base host?

thank you

0 Likes

Hi BoonT_56

how to do reset by thru com6 puart?

then I want to use J18 uart with this command , is this will work or anything shall modified?

thank you

0 Likes

The reset process is carried out physically by pressing the "reset" button on my EVK, not via issuing a command.

0 Likes

thanks,

thus question is for, may I use this J18 uart to sent hci reset command to check connection?

0 Likes

Pin 5 to 8 of J18 are dedicated pins of the HCI UART for 20706. You may issue HCI commands via here when the IC is rebooted in HCI mode. Do also ensure that all the pins of J26 are all closed on the eval board.

0 Likes

BoonT_56 how to force IC reboot to HCI mode? any document or manual can teach? thank you

0 Likes

I assumed that you are using the cyw920706wcdeval board, then you may refer to the kit guide within the Doc folder of the SDK on how to recover this board. This will force the chip to reboot in HCI mode.

BoonT_56​ , thank you and yes I am using cyw920706wcdeval

after reset using method in section Appendix D, I think this would be in HCI mode,

thus, I through J18 uart tx/rx to set try reset command through ubuntu like

"echo -e -n \\x01\\x03\\x0C\\x00 > /dev/ttySX" but not worked, could you comment on how to set "HCI reset" by through this , thank you

0 Likes

Can you create a new case for this query? Thanks.

0 Likes