How to download application to CYW20706 via STM32

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

My CYW20706 is connected to STM32, there are SPI and UART.

I have some questions about downloading application to CYW20706 without seaial flash

1. only need download application to CYW20706, right?

2. How to download application via UART? Is there any simple demo for STM32?

3. How to debug CYW20706? How can I get log for CYW20706?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kindly refer to the WICED-HCI-Control-Protocol that is included with WICED. There is a section which describes the steps involved in downloading an application over UART. You will have to send certain HCI commands from the STM32 to the 20706. There is no example for this.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kindly refer to the WICED-HCI-Control-Protocol that is included with WICED. There is a section which describes the steps involved in downloading an application over UART. You will have to send certain HCI commands from the STM32 to the 20706. There is no example for this.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Yssu

Thanks for your reply.

Another question:

I see the document (WICED-HCI-Control-Protocol), the firmware can be download into 20706 RAM via UART.

Does the operation only do once?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since RAM is volatile, the RAM contents will be lost if power is removed. So you will have to re-download the application after power is restored.

0 Likes