How can monitor RTS signal with oscilloscope on CYBT-483039-EVAL ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
edOfTheInfineon
Level 3
Level 3
First solution authored 10 replies posted 25 sign-ins

I suspect I am over-running the CYBT when sending data from the built-in USB virtual COM port.  I tried using an oscilloscope, however, I see no signals changing on either J1 or the module solder pads pin 22 (UART_RTS_N) and 24 (UART_RXD ).   I know CYBT is sending data because I can see it being received by iOS app.  I must be doing something dumb, but cannot figure out how I am over-running the CYBT module from the PC sending USB serial.

What does On and Off states control for CYBT-483039-EVAL SW4 HCI UART? 

Should these be On for using USB serial port, and Off for JI HCI UART connected to a FTDI TTL 3V USB cable

What does setting SW4 to all Off do?

See attached picture of eval board?

Thank you,

-Ed

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

You can download the EVAL schematics from page here: https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/evaluation-boards/cybt-483039-eval/

Please refer to the schematics from above page, it will give the clarity on each switch &  pins which you are looking for .

Regards,

Anjana

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

You can download the EVAL schematics from page here: https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/evaluation-boards/cybt-483039-eval/

Please refer to the schematics from above page, it will give the clarity on each switch &  pins which you are looking for .

Regards,

Anjana

edOfTheInfineon
Level 3
Level 3
First solution authored 10 replies posted 25 sign-ins

Thank you! 

The schematics helped me understand that PUART is what is used to control the CYBT modules, and NOT the HCI UART.

I was confused.  I thought the PUART was  for programming the board and HCI UART was for the host to send and receive data between the host and the CYBT module.

1. When SW4 HCI UART is ON, it connects the USB serial port signals to CYBT module's HCI UART
  2. When SW4 HCI UART is OFF, it disconnects the USB serial port signals to CYBT module's HCI UART 
  3. When SW4 HCI UART is OFF, you can connect FTDI 3V TTL USB serial adapter to J1
  4. J1 HCI UART is always connected to CYBT module's HCI UART
  5. SW5  PUART connects, the other USB serial port, to CYBT ports for programming

The EVAL board appears as two USB serial ports when connected to PC. 

The higher numbered COM port is expected to be the PUART.

-Ed