How can I set the 20706 to class2?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
sena_2510976
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

The current default power value is 9 ~ 10dBm. I want to set this value to 0dBm.

Is there an API that can be changed in the source code?@

0 Likes
1 Solution

It means that we have separate dedicated configuration files (with .HCD extension) for Class 2 and Class 1 operations. The latter is obviously configured for Tx output up to 10dBm.

Are you setting the device into test mode to measure the Tx power via a BT tester?

View solution in original post

5 Replies
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

We used to have separate configuration files for class 1 and 2 operations. I also can't seem to locate any API that allows me to configure this.

jact

What does a separate configuration file mean?

0 Likes

It means that we have separate dedicated configuration files (with .HCD extension) for Class 2 and Class 1 operations. The latter is obviously configured for Tx output up to 10dBm.

Are you setting the device into test mode to measure the Tx power via a BT tester?

BrKu_1344346
Level 1
Level 1
Distributor - Weikeng(GC)
5 replies posted First question asked First reply posted

Yes, I setting the device into test mode and used BT tester to measure the Tx power.

How do I set the 20706 in Class 2?

0 Likes

I was advised that you will need to apply another firmware (class 2 version) to do this. Can you get in touch with my Taiwan FAE colleagues for this class 2 requirement?

0 Likes