Host MCU controls CYBT-343026 through Wiced HCI API

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JiYa_3557771
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 25 sign-ins 10 questions asked

Hi,

I assume that the CYBT-343026 module has a ready made image embedded inside the module. If I connect this Bluetooth Module to my host MCU through a UART, I can directly use the Wiced HCI API to control the module. it means that I only need to develop an application on the host MCU side. Is it right?

I want the module plays central and peripheral role at the same time, BLE/Classic at the same time.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

1. Yes, if you want to use the WICED HCI command, you need to program an application which can receive and analyze the command.

2. Yes, the EZ-Serial FW only support peripheral role.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

The CYBT-343026 module is shipped with a EZ-Serial FW inside and it doesn't support WICED HCI command. We have specific command for the EZ-Serial FW. But the EZ-Serial FW doesn't support central and peripheral at the same time. You can learn about the EZ-Serial FW here: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-serial-ez-ble-module-firmware-platform

If you want to use the WICED HCI command, you must add the related function in your application. We have several demos in the WICED SDK which can support the WICED HCI command such as headset and hci_audio_gateway. For example, in the headset demo, the command is handled in the hci_control_proc_rx_cmd() function in hci_control.c.

0 Likes

Does it mean that if I want to use the WICED HCI command, I have to program the Bluetooth module side application, as well as the host MCU side?

EX-Serial FW only support slave/peripheral/sever role, as I read from “EZ-Serial WICED Firmware Platform User Guide for CYW2070x-based Modules”. Is it correct?

0 Likes

1. Yes, if you want to use the WICED HCI command, you need to program an application which can receive and analyze the command.

2. Yes, the EZ-Serial FW only support peripheral role.

0 Likes