Getting audio data from I2S port to the app during streaming to A2DP sink.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DmDo_4696101
Level 1
Level 1

Hi! Is it possible to somehow get the audio data from I2S port into the app when CYW20719 streams audio from I2S port to the A2DP BT sink? (20719 is source).

My project should simultaneously stream audio to the headset and the same audio data to the Android device via serial protocol.

Maybe reading an audio buffer, which is used for A2DP codec?

And one more question - is there any documetation to GATT serial protocol (from hci_serial_gatt_service demo app)?

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi DmDo_4696101,

I am little confused; you have one device acting as a sink from where you are sending audio to headset & android device simultaneously (over SPP). CYW20719 will act as source to get the audio data over I2S and transmit it via I2S to sink device. Correct?

I dont think you can use I2S port both to get and send data.

is there any documetation to GATT serial protocol (from hci_serial_gatt_service demo app)?

>> We do not have any specific document as such, please refer the comments in the demo app. Also, wiced_bt_gatt,h should be helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi DmDo_4696101,

I am little confused; you have one device acting as a sink from where you are sending audio to headset & android device simultaneously (over SPP). CYW20719 will act as source to get the audio data over I2S and transmit it via I2S to sink device. Correct?

I dont think you can use I2S port both to get and send data.

is there any documetation to GATT serial protocol (from hci_serial_gatt_service demo app)?

>> We do not have any specific document as such, please refer the comments in the demo app. Also, wiced_bt_gatt,h should be helpful.

0 Likes

Hi! I have an audio source connected via I2S to the 20719. Then 20719 should transmit an audio to the headset and simultaneously to the tablet as serial data. As far as I understand connection between I2S port and BT stack is implemented somewhere inside the CYW libraries. And question is it possible to get the audio data during the streaming (I2S -> BT stack -> headset) to the app to send it to another device as serial data.

0 Likes

We do not have audio over I2S available for CYW20719; probably you can look at CYW20721 product for audio over I2S functionality.

However, that will also not allow simultaneous data transfer over spp.

We do not have audio over I2S available for CYW20719

But according to the datasheet to CYW20719:

Audio Features and Interfaces

■ 1x I2S with master and slave modes

0 Likes

I meant..we do not have audio over I2S implementation available for CYW20719; it is supported by the chip though. We have audio gateway example available to demonstrate audio over UART only.