GPIO INTERRUPT ISSUE ON POWER OFF.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AkJa_4647796
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hello,

i am using 4 GPIO pins. Two are INPUT Configure as button input.

wiced_hal_gpio_configure_pin(WICED_P32,GPIO_INPUT_ENABLE|GPIO_PULL_UP|GPIO_EN_INT_RISING_EDGE,GPIO_PIN_OUTPUT_LOW);

wiced_hal_gpio_configure_pin(WICED_P31,GPIO_INPUT_ENABLE|GPIO_EN_INT_FALLING_EDGE,GPIO_PIN_OUTPUT_HIGH);

wiced_hal_gpio_register_pin_for_interrupt( WICED_P32, hello_sensor_interrupt_handler, NULL );

wiced_hal_gpio_register_pin_for_interrupt( WICED_P31, hello_sensor_interrupt_handler, NULL );

AND i am using the smae interrupt handler for both the buttons? is this okay?

Two as Output pin Configure as LED output

wiced_hal_gpio_configure_pin(WICED_P28,GPIO_OUTPUT_ENABLE,GPIO_PIN_OUTPUT_HIGH);

wiced_hal_gpio_configure_pin(WICED_P30,GPIO_OUTPUT_ENABLE,GPIO_PIN_OUTPUT_LOW);

1. As i press button, i get output as my LED glows, but when i switch off the module, that time the output led glows? Does it mean Interrupt is detected? Any debouncing logic?

2. Sometimes my CYBT-343026-01 gets hang i think becuase it doesn't perform the function, so i restart it by switching on and off power?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

I think, the restart happens due to wiced_hal_gpio_configure_pin(WICED_P31,GPIO_INPUT_ENABLE|GPIO_EN_INT_RISING_EDGE,GPIO_PIN_OUTPUT_HIGH);

The pin WICED_P31 is already used as WICED_PUART_TXD (check wiced_platform.h) and it is configured in APPLICATION_START in hello_sensor.c.

#define WICED_PUART_TXD                           WICED_P31      /* ARM GPIO pin for PUART TXD         */

#define WICED_PUART_RXD                           WICED_P04      /* ARM GPIO pin for PUART RXD         */

#define WICED_PUART_CTS                           WICED_P03      /* pin for PUART CTS (I2C_SCL, P3, P29, P35)   */

#define WICED_PUART_RTS                           WICED_P30      /* pin for PUART RTS (BT_GPIO_7, P30)          */

I believe you are using WICED Studio for the development. I would suggest you to use Modustoolbox IDE, and repeat the experiment.

Latest features and bug fixes will be applied to Modustoolbox.  (CYBT-343026-01 is supported).

https://www.cypress.com/products/modustoolbox-software-environment

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

7 Replies
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

"but when i switch off the module,that time the output led glows" -> Could you explain? How do you turn of the board?

Could you please try to configure the both buttons witih GPIO_PULL_UP or GPIO_PULL_DOWN.

Not sure why the board hangs for you. Could you please share you code snippet where you have implemented this logic? 

I will try to reproduce the issue at my side.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello, DheerajP_41

By switch off means, when i Turn off the Power supply. Below i have attached my code. Anf if i am connected to CYSMART android app, after some time it automatically disconnect itself? and module automatically resets.

Thank You.

0 Likes

hello, DheerajP_41

I have noticed that module gets reset only when keys are pressed?

0 Likes

Hi,

I think, the restart happens due to wiced_hal_gpio_configure_pin(WICED_P31,GPIO_INPUT_ENABLE|GPIO_EN_INT_RISING_EDGE,GPIO_PIN_OUTPUT_HIGH);

The pin WICED_P31 is already used as WICED_PUART_TXD (check wiced_platform.h) and it is configured in APPLICATION_START in hello_sensor.c.

#define WICED_PUART_TXD                           WICED_P31      /* ARM GPIO pin for PUART TXD         */

#define WICED_PUART_RXD                           WICED_P04      /* ARM GPIO pin for PUART RXD         */

#define WICED_PUART_CTS                           WICED_P03      /* pin for PUART CTS (I2C_SCL, P3, P29, P35)   */

#define WICED_PUART_RTS                           WICED_P30      /* pin for PUART RTS (BT_GPIO_7, P30)          */

I believe you are using WICED Studio for the development. I would suggest you to use Modustoolbox IDE, and repeat the experiment.

Latest features and bug fixes will be applied to Modustoolbox.  (CYBT-343026-01 is supported).

https://www.cypress.com/products/modustoolbox-software-environment

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

Hi DheerajP_41​,

Thank you for your help.

I think I was doing one more mistake, by calling hello_sensor_led_blink(500,500,1); in hello_srnsor_fine_timeout() function which is a callback for every 1 ms. It might leads to a recursive function?

0 Likes

Hi,

Yes, I think so.

hello_sensor_fine_timeout() is configured to call every 1ms by hello_sensor_ms_timer.  hello_sensor_led_blink( 500, 500, 1) will start the LED timer (hello_sensor_led_timer) with "on_ms" (500ms) value as timeout. If we call hello_sensor_led_blink( 500, 500, 1) inside hello_sensor_fine_timeout(), LED may not work as expected.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

Hello DheerajP_41​,

Thank you for your response sir.

0 Likes