Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

Studio Bluetooth Forum Discussions

austin_h
Level 2
Level 2
50 sign-ins 5 replies posted 25 sign-ins

Hi Sir:

As I know. the CYW20719 and CYW20721 support BLE 2Mbps PHY and Infineon has module support EZ-serial FW.

I studied the the EZ-serial FW doc on 413xxx/423xxx/483xxx module. But the doc didn't mention how to configuration the BLE 2Mbps on BLE.

My question are

1. Can EZ-serial FW  set BLE 2Mbps PHY by command??

2. Does EZ-serial FW support BLE over UART mode with 2M data rate??

3. Does EZ-serial FW BLE 5.0 certification. Because the link mentioned to 4.2 only.

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/design-support/software/device-driver-libraries/airoc-wi-fi-bluetoot...

Feature Creator-Based Modules Benefit WICED™-Based Modules Benefit
AIROC™ BLE connectivity to any Bluetooth 4.0/4.1/4.2 device via serial interface (UART) and/or GPIO control

Austin

0 Likes
1 Solution
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @austin_h ,

-> Unfortunately, the current Ez serial FW does not support 2 Mbps mode

3. Does EZ-serial FW BLE 5.0 certification. Because the link mentioned to 4.2 only.

-> The Ez serial module uses WICED Studio, therefore it is compatible only to BT 4.2 specs. 

However the modules are separately qualified for the latest BT spec and we recommend you to use BTSDK to create your own custom firmware.

Regards,
Bragadeesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @austin_h ,

-> Unfortunately, the current Ez serial FW does not support 2 Mbps mode

3. Does EZ-serial FW BLE 5.0 certification. Because the link mentioned to 4.2 only.

-> The Ez serial module uses WICED Studio, therefore it is compatible only to BT 4.2 specs. 

However the modules are separately qualified for the latest BT spec and we recommend you to use BTSDK to create your own custom firmware.

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes