Can't find 20706 or 20735 boards in the Project Explorer Window

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
btguy
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First like given First reply posted

Hi,

I am trying to build Bluetooth Classic Audio device.

I am using 20706 & 20735 boards. I'm a beginner with your boards and software tools.

I installed WICED Studio 6.6.1.1 on my Windows 10 machine.

When I connect both the dev boards, I see them listed in my ports on the device manager also.

On first-time execution of the IDE, it did not prompt me to select the default platform. Ideally, I'd like to select the 20735-B1_Bluetooth or 20706-A2_Bluetooth as mentioned on both the evaluation kits' user guides.

I only see "43xxx_Wi-Fi" listed in my Project Explorer window. I can't see either of the boards in the "WICED target selector" drop down either.

Please let me know how to make 20706 & 20735 show up in the target builder drop down and project explorer window.

My goal is to build and flash Bluetooth Classic HFP (HF & AG roles - not concurently) & A2DP (target and sink roles - not concurently) profiles on both of the eval kits i.e., 20706 & 20735

0 Likes
1 Solution
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

The CYW20706 EVB only has the I2S port for audio/voice data. If you want to hear audio, you need to connect a audio codec or DAC to it. You can refer to the following blog:

https://community.infineon.com/t5/Resource-Library/A2DP-Sink-Example-on-CYW20706/ta-p/246388

For the CYW20735 device, it  is not supported any more in the ModusToolBox SDK. The device is removed from the latest btsdk.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Owen_Zhang123

The WICED 6.6 only support wifi/combo devices. 

If you are developing new application, we suggest you to use the latest SDK Modus Tool Box.

https://community.infineon.com/t5/Bluetooth-SDK/bd-p/ModusToolboxBluetoothSDK

The CYW20735 is not supported for new designs. We suggest to use the newer device CYW20835 instead.

btguy
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First like given First reply posted

Thank you for the suggestion for 20706. I was able to use ModusToolbox and program the device.
I'd like to ask a follow up question on 20706 - I programmed it with an headset application. Is there a way to hear the audio from the eval board? I've not noticed any analog audio output ports on the board.

I'd like to ask you how can I program the 20735 device? I understand that you mentioned 20735 is not supported for new designs. But, I'd like to take a look once anyway. I looked for the 20735 device in Modus Toolbox but it is not listed in there it seems. Could you please let me know what am I doing wrong?

0 Likes
Owen_Zhang123

The CYW20706 EVB only has the I2S port for audio/voice data. If you want to hear audio, you need to connect a audio codec or DAC to it. You can refer to the following blog:

https://community.infineon.com/t5/Resource-Library/A2DP-Sink-Example-on-CYW20706/ta-p/246388

For the CYW20735 device, it  is not supported any more in the ModusToolBox SDK. The device is removed from the latest btsdk.