CYW920719Q40EVB-01 sniffer

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NaGu_4650011
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we want to use wireshark and sniff all the packet i.e. PHY level. how can we do that using CYW920719Q40EVB-01?

-Thanks Naveen G.

0 Likes
1 Solution
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi Naveen,

Usually Wireshark is preferred for WiFi log capturing.

For Bluetooth, You might want to look at BTSpy (/20719-B1_Bluetooth/wiced_tools/BTSpy) in WICED Studio.

Also, Ellisys and BPA600 are efficient options which can do everything- https://www.ellisys.com/products/bv1/index.php Frontline BPA 600

Dual Mode Bluetooth Protocol Analyzer

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi Naveen,

Usually Wireshark is preferred for WiFi log capturing.

For Bluetooth, You might want to look at BTSpy (/20719-B1_Bluetooth/wiced_tools/BTSpy) in WICED Studio.

Also, Ellisys and BPA600 are efficient options which can do everything- https://www.ellisys.com/products/bv1/index.php Frontline BPA 600

Dual Mode Bluetooth Protocol Analyzer

0 Likes

Thanks Sheetal, I will check.

My Main question here is:

can we request BT firmware CYW20719 so all the packets gets forward to HOST and than HOST can modify any Application like wirshark to display?

do we have  any such support in the BT firmware(CYW20719 ) like WLAN firmware is having monitor mode.

-Thanks Naveen G.

0 Likes

I did not understand your query. I think you are asking for a modified BT firmware in order to capture logs using Wireshark.

There is no way to modify firmware and check logs on Wireshark as of now.

0 Likes

Bluetooth does not require a special FW to allow sniffing. I recommend you look at tools from frontline. It will be able to capture all the packets over the air from two connected devices without disturbing anyone. These tools will also have an accompanying SW tool to represent these captured data packets. This will be the so-called monitoring mode.

0 Likes
NaGu_4650011
Level 1
Level 1

thanks for kind reply.

do understand available tools which can make that done for many users But we want to implement our own tool for same.

my question is CYW20719 Firmware sends all packets come to PHY layer to HOST(Control/Management/Data packets) through HCI Interface or other ways? kindly confirm.

-Thanks Naveen G.

0 Likes

As per the standard Bluetooth stack implementation, all the packets, data get transferred via HCI interface only to the host. Same thing is implemented in CYW20719 firmware.

0 Likes

OK, let's try and come back.

0 Likes