CYBT-343026 and problems with first approach to Mesh Config

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JaDo_4664506
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

Although I saw a similar topic, I guess I'd need your guinness here:

Namely, I attached the CYBT_343026_EVAL platform as it's described on your website and did first flashing of my modules with either demos "hello_client" and "hello_sensor", changing the Make Target to "xxx-CYBT_343026_EVAL download UART=COM6" and that works perfect!

Following "Client control mesh app" user guide I wanted to flash my modules with mesh_provision_client snip application so I renamed the Make Target to "snip.mesh.mesh_provision_client-CYBT_343026_EVAL download UART=COM6" however I've got the errors like:

Compiling platform.c

Compiling spar_setup.c

Compiling mesh_provision_client.c

Compiling (Lib) fw_upgrade.c

Compiling (Lib) ota_fw_upgrade.c

Compiling (Lib) gatt_utils_lib.c

../../libraries/fw_upgrade_lib/../../../common/libraries/fw_upgrade_lib/ota_fw_upgrade.c: In function 'wiced_ota_fw_upgrade_init':

../../libraries/fw_upgrade_lib/../../../common/libraries/fw_upgrade_lib/ota_fw_upgrade.c:909:61: error: 'FLASH_SIZE' undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean 'OTP_SIZE'?

uint32_t                        fw_upgrade_flash_size = FLASH_SIZE;

^~~~~~~~~~

OTP_SIZE

../../libraries/fw_upgrade_lib/../../../common/libraries/fw_upgrade_lib/ota_fw_upgrade.c:909:61: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in

../../libraries/fw_upgrade_lib/../../../common/libraries/fw_upgrade_lib/ota_fw_upgrade.c:76:24: error: 'FLASH_SECTOR_SIZE' undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean 'DS_SECTOR_SIZE'?

#define DS_SECTOR_SIZE FLASH_SECTOR_SIZE

^

../../libraries/fw_upgrade_lib/../../../common/libraries/fw_upgrade_lib/ota_fw_upgrade.c:921:85: note: in expansion of macro 'DS_SECTOR_SIZE'

fw_upgrade_flash_size = (FLASH_SIZE - (APPLICATION_SPECIFIC_FLASH_RESERVATION * DS_SECTOR_SIZE));

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~

makefile:291: recipe for target '../../build/mesh_provision_client-CYBT_343026_EVAL-rom-ram-Wiced-release/libraries/fw_upgrade_lib/../../../common/libraries/fw_upgrade_lib/ota_fw_upgrade.o' failed

make.exe[1]: *** [../../build/mesh_provision_client-CYBT_343026_EVAL-rom-ram-Wiced-release/libraries/fw_upgrade_lib/../../../common/libraries/fw_upgrade_lib/ota_fw_upgrade.o] Error 1

make.exe[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Makefile:552: recipe for target 'snip.mesh.mesh_provision_client-CYBT_343026_EVAL' failed

make: *** [snip.mesh.mesh_provision_client-CYBT_343026_EVAL] Error 2

I did a clean (in make target) and compiled but it's still happening. May I get your support?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Jacek

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

Here, I can see that you have modified wiced_btsdk to wiced_btsdk_1. We should not edit the name of wiced_btsdk.

Platform related files, library files and other definitions are in wiced_btsdk.

Try once again the below steps. I have tried it at my side using the public releases and I could successfully built the app.

I would suggest you to create a new workspace and import wiced_btsdk (only once) and then import 343026 mesh snip application.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
14 Replies
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

May I know which Software SDK are you using (WICED or MODUS and it's version)?

Also please let me know which platform file are you using?

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

Hey,

Thanks for your reply. I'm using WICED Studio and platform CYBT_343026_EVAL.

As it's seen in console, arisen problems concern to file libraries/fw_upgrade_lib/ota_fw_upgrade.c

Over there, I could find declarations like i.e:

#define DOWNLOAD_SECTOR_SIZE FLASH_SECTOR_SIZE

and if I want to open this declaration, there's no connection to CYBT_343026 found.

pastedImage_1.png

Is that might be an issue?

I followed platform installation according to Platform Files for CYBT-343026-EVAL – KBA221025 and as I mentioned - flashing of demo.hello_sensor and demo.hello_client goes ok.

0 Likes

Hi,

Thank you for the info.

I could reproduce similar issue when I un-comment the debug flags from the application makefile. (MESH_MODELS_DEBUG, MESH_CORE_DEBUG). And I think it is messing up the remaining process as well.

Let me study the issue, and get back to you soon.

FYI.

Latest Modustoolbox -v2.1 also support  CYBT_343026_EVAL platform. if possible I would suggest you to migrate to MTB.

https://www.cypress.com/products/modustoolbox-software-environment

Thanks.

-Dheeraj

Hi,

Could you please copy paste the text in "version.txt" of your WICED STUDIO? Full version is mentioned in it (WICED-SDK Version).

(located in the WICED install directory: Eg. C:\Users\Username\Documents\WICED-Studio-6.4\version.txt)

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

Hi,

Here you're:

WICED-SDK Version: Wiced_006.004.000.0061

b38d42ee8368ff374b13514286120afd9e788a07

Regards,

Jacek

0 Likes

Hi,

Why don't you try using Modustoolbox Software Environment, which is the newest development software?

Please let me know if you face any difficulty in using it?

Latest Modustoolbox -v2.1 supports  CYBT_343026_EVAL platform. I would suggest you to migrate to MTB (ModusToolBox).

https://www.cypress.com/products/modustoolbox-software-environment

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes

Hi Dheeraj,

So meanwhile I'm doing the tries to flash my modules via Modus Toolbox as you recommend. Unfortunately, also this time I'm facing some issues to properly build and flash program. I installed the MT v2.1 in default location, started the New > Modus Toolbox Application from adding "wiced_btsdk" and then I added the Mesh Snips. 

Anyway I've got a problem with building of Mesh-Snip-CYBT-343026_2.mesh_provision_client (actually like with every single snippet).

I guess it refers to an issue with Make Target... Does it?  (the Console outcome in attachment).

The obtained errors like:

pastedImage_2.png

Thanks or pointing out what do I do wrongly

Actually I initially stepped to the Cypress Studio as it has been recommended in "Getting Started with Bluetooth Mesh":

pastedImage_0.png

Thanks for your support!

Regards,

Jacek

0 Likes

Hi Dheeraj,

Nevertheless I decided to step back to the WICED Studio.

Because all tries to build "Mesh" snips result with errors shown in my first post, I tried whether all programs from "apps>demo" can be built and downloaded. Actually everything goes well except the one - demo.mesh.light_dimmable which causes this kind of errors...

Something interesting gets my attention. In the makefile, I've got the error at line no 291:

#if a valid patform is not found indicate the correct usage

ifeq ($(PLATFORM_FULL),)

$(error Usage: <Target string> TRANSPORT=<UART/SPI> FREQ=<xxMhz> ....)

endif

Does it mean that this makefile doesn't work with the platform CYBT_343026_EVAL or how can I link those things together?

I only add that I renamed the Make Target to: demo.mesh.light_dimmable-CYBT_343026_EVAL download UART=COM6 (currently used serial port)

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes

Hi,

Build error in Modustoolbox: (Mesh-Snip-CYBT-343026_2.mesh_provision_client)

Could you please share full MTB console logs ? Did you edit or renamed any file?

Recommended IDE:

CYBT-343026_EVAL support given in the MTB from the latest BTSDK2.3 onwards. I could see that this has been updated in the website too https://www.cypress.com/products/ble-bluetooth​ (Goto Modules -> WICED-based EZ-BLE and EZ-BT Modules -> CYBT-343026-01)

"Getting Started with Bluetooth Mesh" can be an old version. We will be updating the table in the next revision.

Build error of light_dimmable in WICED Studio:

The platform files for CYBT_343026_EVAL is showing some type of incompatibility with WICED Studio 6.4 version. This is the cause of the build error. Since, Modustoolbox​ (MTB) is the latest development software, bugs will be fixed quickly in it.

Thaniks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello Dheeraj,

Ok, so let's step to the ModusToolbox. Yes, I didn't change any name. I started from adding:

pastedImage_0.png

then I added the Mesh-Snip. After that in the console I've got

Importing Mesh-Snip-CYBT-343026_3.mesh_provision_client (29/37) ...

Error creating Eclipse launch configurations: make[1]: *** ../../../wiced_btsdk/dev-kit/libraries/btsdk-mesh: No such file or directory.  Stop.

make: *** [makefile:348: ../../../wiced_btsdk/dev-kit/libraries/btsdk-mesh] Error 2

Respectively for all the snipets. When I build the app, the console outcome is as in attachment.

0 Likes

Hi,

Here, I can see that you have modified wiced_btsdk to wiced_btsdk_1. We should not edit the name of wiced_btsdk.

Platform related files, library files and other definitions are in wiced_btsdk.

Try once again the below steps. I have tried it at my side using the public releases and I could successfully built the app.

I would suggest you to create a new workspace and import wiced_btsdk (only once) and then import 343026 mesh snip application.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes

Hey,

Idk why, I haven't caught that some residual Apps in workspace remained after previous installation. Foolish thing

Still haven't solved problems with WICED but unless Modus works fine that's satisfy me ofc!

Thanks for your support!

0 Likes
JaDo_4664506
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I guess I'd need your further support, hope I haven't tired you 

So as I programmed my provisioning module with Mesh-Snip-CYBT-343026.mesh_provision_client,  I started to configure my exemplary Mesh by Mesh Client Control and I'm facing a problem with adding the node. I follow the MeshClient and ClientControlMesh App User Guide Doc. No.: 002-26575.

The "node" module has been programmed with Mesh-Snip-CYBT-343026.mesh_power_onoff_server, and it's correctly visible when I seek this out by my cell phone etc.

So both modules are supplied, I tried to set all possible baud rate values to communicate with provisioning node (I started with 115200 as it's guided in the App note). Chosen serial port is ok for sure. I set the network,  open it and press Scan Unprovisioned

Unfortunately, the UUID of my second module is not shown in trace window (only scan provisioned: 1  is being displayed). Did I do something wrong? What App would you recommend for my node device from those among Modus snippets?

pastedImage_6.png

Many thanks for your help!

0 Likes

Hi,

I believe you are using ClientcontrolMesh application taken from WICED.

It is recommend to use embedded and peer apps from the same version of SDK. You can get ClientcontrolMesh in MODUS from the following path. (.\wiced_btsdk\tools\btsdk-host-apps-mesh\VS_ClientControl\Release).

Try using 3000000 as baud rate.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes