CYBT-343026: Wake up Host CPU from the module when the module receive any packet.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
TaGo_2353976
Level 4
Level 4
5 likes given First like received First like given

According to the datasheet of CYBT-343026 and CYW20706,

this module seems to have BT_HOST_WAKE pin at PAD#12 as attached document.

BT_HOST_WAKE.png

Q1:

I think this pin will be asserted when the module receive Bluetooth packet and can notify it to the HOST CPU.

Is that right?

Q2:

If yes of Q1, which API should we call to enable BT_HOST_WAKE function?

I'd like to know whether Cypress already ready complete API to enable BT_HOST_WAKE or,

the customer should design BT_HOST_WAKE function by calling some APIs manually.

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Takuya,

The wiced_power_save.h file has been deleted in the 6.1 version. You can find it in the 5.1 version or you can just use the attached file and add it to your SDK.

Regards

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hi

1. Yes, the HostWake pin will be asserted.

2. Please use the API void wiced_sleep_config ( wiced_bool_t enable, wiced_wake_gpio_mode_t bt_wake, wiced_wake_gpio_mode_t host_wake ) to configure this function. You can find the API in the Wiced\include\wiced_power_save.h. There are also demo such as headset and apple_mfi that uses this API for your reference.

Regards

Hi, zhxh

Thanks for your prompt response.

I installed WICED Studio 6.1.0 but there is no such "void wiced_sleep_config " and "wiced_power_save.h" in API manual and install directory.

wiced_sleep_config_manual.png

Is my WICED old? or Am I something wrong?

0 Likes

Hi Takuya,

The wiced_power_save.h file has been deleted in the 6.1 version. You can find it in the 5.1 version or you can just use the attached file and add it to your SDK.

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

A small addition: You need to use wiced_transport_init() along with the wiced_sleep_config() API. Only when both are used in conjunction, will the HOST_WAKE be toggled automatically when the stack has any events to report to the host.