CYBT-213043-EVAL WICED HCI Mode and client control

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
siaa_4420406
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked First question asked First reply posted

Hello,

I currently try to use WICED HCI command,

As i understand WICED HCI Command allow to use the EVAL Board Bluetooth by executing the HCI Stack on a CPU/MPU connected over HCI Uart to the board.

Using this protocol we could avoid to develop the embedded software targeting the bluetooth module.

By flashing the SPP firmware example (BT_SPP) I'm able to connect the WICED Client Control.

The button from the UI became available to be clicable but any of them work.

The start "BR/EDR Discovery" button never return.

Did I misunderstood something ?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

If you want to use the WICED HCI command, you need to add some function in your application to handle the received command from the UART. The SPP is only a demo for the SPP profile and there isn't function to handle the UART command.

You may refer to the Code-Examples-BT-SDK-for-ModusToolbox-master\CYW920819EVB-02\apps\demo\watch which shows how to deal with the HCI command in function static uint32_t hci_control_proc_rx_cmd( uint8_t *p_buffer, uint32_t length ) in the watch.c file.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

If you want to use the WICED HCI command, you need to add some function in your application to handle the received command from the UART. The SPP is only a demo for the SPP profile and there isn't function to handle the UART command.

You may refer to the Code-Examples-BT-SDK-for-ModusToolbox-master\CYW920819EVB-02\apps\demo\watch which shows how to deal with the HCI command in function static uint32_t hci_control_proc_rx_cmd( uint8_t *p_buffer, uint32_t length ) in the watch.c file.

0 Likes