BT classic master-side initiated pair not working

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need my BT classic master to pair with a slave in a RFCOMM connection.

The master is a custom board using CYW43907 combo chip.

The slave is a WICED CYW920719Q40EVB-01 eval board with the WICED 6.2 20719-B1_Bluetooth/apps/snip/bt/spp demo app uploaded.

My Android phone (acting as a master) is able to pair with the slave.

But I cannot get my board to pair with the slave.

I am able to inquire the device and get the slave bd_addr.

After the inquiry is complete I'm calling wiced_bt_rfcomm_create_connection():

wiced_result_t result = wiced_bt_rfcomm_create_connection( UUID_SERVCLASS_SERIAL_PORT,

BT_RFCOMM_SERVER_APP_SCN,

FALSE,  // Master-side is client

BT_RFCOMM_SERVER_APP_MTU,

bd_addr, // this is the address to the slave.

&bt_rfcomm_client_handle,

bt_rfcomm_client_conn_cback );

result is 0 (WICED_BT_RFCOMM_SUCCESS).

Several questions:

As the master do I need to set connectivity (wiced_bt_dev_set_connectability())?

As the master do I need to set discoverability (wiced_bt_dev_set_discoverability())?

If so, do I need to do this before or after the call to wiced_bt_rfcomm_create_connection()?

After calling wiced_bt_rfcomm_create_connection() the BT management callback function (p_bt_management_cback called from wiced_bt_stack_init())  receives a BTM_LOCAL_IDENTITY_KEYS_UPDATE_EVT event.

I don't know how to handle this.  Please advise.

The connection callback (bt_rfcomm_client_conn_cback) function gets called after this.

the result code is 0x10 (WICED_BT_RFCOMM_PEER_CONNECTION_FAILED)

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShawnA_01
Employee
Employee
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

Hello #timothy_irving since the company you're working for is a VAR Partner of Cypress, let's debug the issue in the Tech-Support Case (458569) you've created.  Afterwards, we can then circle-back to answer for the larger community.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ShawnA_01
Employee
Employee
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

Hello #timothy_irving since the company you're working for is a VAR Partner of Cypress, let's debug the issue in the Tech-Support Case (458569) you've created.  Afterwards, we can then circle-back to answer for the larger community.