Android MeshLighting APP: switch cannot assign publish address

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
HuBi_4816601
Level 1
Level 1

Brief:

I have 2 CYW920735Q60EVB-01 boards. I want to test the ble mesh lighting demo, so I make the targets 'demo.mesh.light_dimmable-CYW920735Q60EVB_01' and 'demo.mesh.light_dimmer-CYW920735Q60EVB_01', then burn them respectively into the 2 boards. However when I use the Android APP MeshLighting, I find it cannot  'Assign pulblish address' for the switch. I could control the light(light dimmable) by the APP ,but couldn't control the light by the dimmer(SW3 buttong). Could someone tell me what I missed?

IDE:

WICED STUDIO 6.4

1.jpg

2.jpg

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Please try the attached files as follows:

1. Download the .zip files

2. Extract the file to your computer

3. open the file mtb-super-manifest-fv2.xml,change the location in the file to the folder in step 2. The location in the attached file is as follows: C:/Users/zhxh/Desktop/manifest/xxxxxxxx.xml

4. Add the parameter CyRemoteManifestOverride to the system environment parameter, refer to the following screen shoot.

Variable: CyRemoteManifestOverride

Value: <path_to_file>/mtb-super-manifest-fv2.xml

5. Open modustoolbox2.2,file->new->modustoolbox application, then you should download the demo normally.

pastedImage_0.png

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Very sorry for the late reply. I need some time to test and reply you later.

0 Likes

The WICED 6.4 SDK doesn't support to control the light with a client.

Please try the Modus 2.2 and BTSDK 2.8. They are the latest SDK for the mesh development. 空间: ModusToolbox Bluetooth SDK | Cypress Developer Community

0 Likes

Thanks for your response. I tried to use the ModusToolBox 2.2(Windows) to develop the Mesh. However when I created the project, it always blocked on the step "Processing file "D:/cyw20735Mesh/HAL_ADC/libs/20735B1.mtb"", just as the following figure shows. And 1 hour later, nothing changed.

pic2.png

I've tried several times. And the ModusToolBox always acted like that.

Is there something I missed? I will be appreciate that you could give me some clues.

Look forward to your reply.

Here is the log on the IDE:

Summary:

BSP: CYW920735Q60EVB-01

Template Application(s): HAL ADC, HAL GPIO, HAL PWM, Mesh Demo Dimmable Light, Mesh Demo Dimmer, Mesh Demo On-Off Switch, PWM GPIO

Application(s) Root Path: D:/cyw20735Mesh

Press "Create" to create the selected application(s).

Project creation command to be executed:

D:/installed/ModusToolbox/tools_2.2/project-creator/project-creator-cli.exe --board-id CYW920735Q60EVB-01 --board-uri https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/TARGET_CYW920735Q60EVB-01 --board-commit release-v2.8.0 --app-id mtb-example-btsdk-hal-adc --app-uri https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/mtb-example-btsdk-hal-adc --app-commit release-v2.8.0 --user-app-name HAL_ADC --target-dir D:/cyw20735Mesh --output-for-machine --use-modus-shell

Getting manifest...

==============================================================================

= Cloning 'mtb-example-btsdk-hal-adc' =

Cloning https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/mtb-example-btsdk-hal-adc into D:/cyw20735Mesh directory...

env git clone --progress --origin cypress https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/mtb-example-btsdk-hal-adc HAL_ADC

Cloning into 'HAL_ADC'...

remote: Enumerating objects: 16, done. 

remote: Counting objects: 100% (16/16), done. 

remote: Compressing objects: 100% (12/12), done. 

remote: Total 16 (delta 0), reused 13 (delta 0), pack-reused 0 

Checking out release-v2.8.0...

env git checkout --progress release-v2.8.0

Note: checking out 'release-v2.8.0'.

You are in 'detached HEAD' state. You can look around, make experimental

changes and commit them, and you can discard any commits you make in this

state without impacting any branches by performing another checkout.

If you want to create a new branch to retain commits you create, you may

do so (now or later) by using -b with the checkout command again. Example:

git checkout -b <new-branch-name>

HEAD is now at 0eaeb22 Upload mtb-example-btsdk-hal-adc 2.8.0.10492

= Creating 'TARGET_CYW920735Q60EVB-01.mtb' file(s) =

= Updating Makefile for 'HAL_ADC' =

= Getting Dependencies for 'HAL_ADC' =

make getlibs CY_TOOLS_PATHS=D:/installed/ModusToolbox/tools_2.2

= Importing libraries =

Git is git version 2.17.0, found at /usr/bin/git

Resolving dependencies...

D:/cyw20735Mesh/HAL_ADC/libs/20735B1.mtb was added or updated

D:/cyw20735Mesh/HAL_ADC/libs/btsdk-common.mtb was added or updated

D:/cyw20735Mesh/HAL_ADC/libs/btsdk-include.mtb was added or updated

D:/cyw20735Mesh/HAL_ADC/libs/btsdk-tools.mtb was added or updated

D:/cyw20735Mesh/HAL_ADC/libs/btsdk-utils.mtb was added or updated

D:/cyw20735Mesh/HAL_ADC/libs/core-make.mtb was added or updated

Dependencies resolved.

Searching application directory (.mtb)...

Found 7 .mtb file(s)

Processing file "D:/cyw20735Mesh/HAL_ADC/deps/TARGET_CYW920735Q60EVB-01.mtb"

Processing file "D:/cyw20735Mesh/HAL_ADC/libs/20735B1.mtb"

0 Likes

Hi HuBi_4816601 ,

Are you using restricted a internet connection (e.g. Office network, extra firewall settings)?

Could you please try using a more relaxed internet connection to pull the repo. Seems like the connection to the remote repo has some issue.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes

I use the internet to China Telecom directly. As you see from the log, I can easily clone https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/mtb-example-btsdk-hal-adc​ from github.com. I also try to use VPN which can connect to 'google.com' but the ModusToolBox also blocks like that. I want to know which web site  that I can not connect. Maybe I could try to connect it manually to test the internet connection.

0 Likes

You can download the manifest files from the github and re-direct the path of the manifest files to your local folder.

You can refer to the following KBA: Offloading the Manifest Files of ModusToolbox -... | Cypress Developer Community ​Please notice that the KBA is for BTSDK 2.4. The procedure for BTSDK 2.8 is similar with it.

We are working to move the manifest files from the github to China mainland to solve the problem. But it will need some time to finish it.

0 Likes

I have tried the method-1 which is recommended from the discuss  Offloading the Manifest Files of ModusToolbox - KBA230953​ . But the problem still exists.

I used the mtb-super-manifest.xml which is referred from the discuss, but I cannot find my device(cyw920735).

m1.png

微信图片_20201202100106.png

Then I used the mtb-super-manifest-fv2.xml which is not referred from the discuss, it seems a little better but it blocks in another place. And the log is attached at last.

m2.png

Is there something I missed?

About to the method-2 from the discuss, which is named "offline", exactly it's not completely offline. I still need to download the third party dependencies form the github.

Summary:

BSP: CYW920735Q60EVB-01

Template Application(s): Mesh Demo Dimmable Light, Mesh Demo Dimmer, Mesh Demo On-Off Switch, PWM GPIO

Application(s) Root Path: D:/cyw20735Mesh

Press "Create" to create the selected application(s).

Project creation command to be executed:

D:/installed/ModusToolbox/tools_2.2/project-creator/project-creator-cli.exe --board-id CYW920735Q60EVB-01 --board-uri https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/TARGET_CYW920735Q60EVB-01 --board-commit release-v2.8.0 --app-id mtb-example-btsdk-mesh-demo-light-dimmable --app-uri https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/mtb-example-btsdk-mesh-demo-light-dimmable --app-commit release-v2.8.0 --user-app-name Mesh_Demo_Dimmable_Light_1 --target-dir D:/cyw20735Mesh --output-for-machine --use-modus-shell

Getting manifest...

= Cloning 'mtb-example-btsdk-mesh-demo-light-dimmable' =

Cloning https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/mtb-example-btsdk-mesh-demo-light-dimmable into D:/cyw20735Mesh directory...

env git clone --progress --origin cypress https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/mtb-example-btsdk-mesh-demo-light-dimmable Mesh_Demo_Dimmable_Light_1

Cloning into 'Mesh_Demo_Dimmable_Light_1'...

remote: Enumerating objects: 21, done.       

remote: Counting objects: 100% (21/21), done.       

remote: Compressing objects: 100% (15/15), done.       

remote: Total 21 (delta 2), reused 18 (delta 2), pack-reused 0       

Checking out release-v2.8.0...

env git checkout --progress release-v2.8.0

Note: checking out 'release-v2.8.0'.

You are in 'detached HEAD' state. You can look around, make experimental

changes and commit them, and you can discard any commits you make in this

state without impacting any branches by performing another checkout.

If you want to create a new branch to retain commits you create, you may

do so (now or later) by using -b with the checkout command again. Example:

git checkout -b <new-branch-name>

HEAD is now at 17cc3ec Upload mtb-example-btsdk-mesh-demo-light-dimmable 2.8.0.10492

= Creating 'TARGET_CYW920735Q60EVB-01.mtb' file(s) =

= Updating Makefile for 'Mesh_Demo_Dimmable_Light_1' =

= Getting Dependencies for 'Mesh_Demo_Dimmable_Light_1' =

make getlibs CY_TOOLS_PATHS=D:/installed/ModusToolbox/tools_2.2

= Importing libraries =

Git is git version 2.17.0, found at /usr/bin/git

Resolving dependencies...

D:/cyw20735Mesh/Mesh_Demo_Dimmable_Light_1/libs/20735B1.mtb was added or updated

D:/cyw20735Mesh/Mesh_Demo_Dimmable_Light_1/libs/btsdk-common.mtb was added or updated

D:/cyw20735Mesh/Mesh_Demo_Dimmable_Light_1/libs/btsdk-include.mtb was added or updated

D:/cyw20735Mesh/Mesh_Demo_Dimmable_Light_1/libs/btsdk-tools.mtb was added or updated

D:/cyw20735Mesh/Mesh_Demo_Dimmable_Light_1/libs/btsdk-utils.mtb was added or updated

D:/cyw20735Mesh/Mesh_Demo_Dimmable_Light_1/libs/core-make.mtb was added or updated

Dependencies resolved.

Searching application directory (.mtb)...

Found 11 .mtb file(s)

Processing file "D:/cyw20735Mesh/Mesh_Demo_Dimmable_Light_1/deps/TARGET_CYW920735Q60EVB-01.mtb"

Processing file "D:/cyw20735Mesh/Mesh_Demo_Dimmable_Light_1/deps/btsdk-host-peer-apps-mesh.mtb"

Processing file "D:/cyw20735Mesh/Mesh_Demo_Dimmable_Light_1/deps/btsdk-mesh.mtb"

Processing file "D:/cyw20735Mesh/Mesh_Demo_Dimmable_Light_1/deps/btsdk-ota.mtb"

Processing file "D:/cyw20735Mesh/Mesh_Demo_Dimmable_Light_1/deps/btsdk-peer-apps-ota.mtb"

Processing file "D:/cyw20735Mesh/Mesh_Demo_Dimmable_Light_1/libs/20735B1.mtb"

Processing file "D:/cyw20735Mesh/Mesh_Demo_Dimmable_Light_1/libs/btsdk-common.mtb"

Processing file "D:/cyw20735Mesh/Mesh_Demo_Dimmable_Light_1/libs/btsdk-include.mtb"

Processing file "D:/cyw20735Mesh/Mesh_Demo_Dimmable_Light_1/libs/btsdk-tools.mtb"

Processing file "D:/cyw20735Mesh/Mesh_Demo_Dimmable_Light_1/libs/btsdk-utils.mtb"

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Please try the attached files as follows:

1. Download the .zip files

2. Extract the file to your computer

3. open the file mtb-super-manifest-fv2.xml,change the location in the file to the folder in step 2. The location in the attached file is as follows: C:/Users/zhxh/Desktop/manifest/xxxxxxxx.xml

4. Add the parameter CyRemoteManifestOverride to the system environment parameter, refer to the following screen shoot.

Variable: CyRemoteManifestOverride

Value: <path_to_file>/mtb-super-manifest-fv2.xml

5. Open modustoolbox2.2,file->new->modustoolbox application, then you should download the demo normally.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

It's very kind of you! The projects are created successfully. Because I installed the ModusToolBox in a custom location, I also need to change a makefile variable to make the project(refer to "ModusToolbox 2.0 does not appear the same as videos, and also throws an error "). Next I'll try to test the Mesh DimmableLight and the Dimmer demos.

0 Likes

The dimmable light mesh demo is tested OK. Thanks so much!

0 Likes