20719 increase NVRAM size

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JeHu_3414236
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes received First like received

From this thread it seems the NVRAM size is configured for 4KB and is defined in the 20719_OCF.btp file:

How much NVRAM on the CYW20719?

Can I increase the size by changing the .btp file?  Where do I find the definitions of the contents of the .btp file?  My application is less than 100KB and I want to use the remaining 1MB flash for NVRAM.  Can I use the wiced_hal_eflash* functions instead of the NVRAM API?  I don't know what address range I am allowed to use.

0 Likes
1 Solution
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi jhu_3414236​,

Practically, you can change the parameters in .btp file. But we do not recommend to do so as there is a risk of overwriting the data and unusual behavior of the kit.

Yes you can use the APIs available in wiced_hal_eflash.h and use the memory as per your requirement.

I will suggest you to go through blog CYW20719 Memory Layout and /20719-B1_Bluetooth/doc/WICED-Firmware-Upgrade-Library.pdf for details of memory structure.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi jhu_3414236​,

Practically, you can change the parameters in .btp file. But we do not recommend to do so as there is a risk of overwriting the data and unusual behavior of the kit.

Yes you can use the APIs available in wiced_hal_eflash.h and use the memory as per your requirement.

I will suggest you to go through blog CYW20719 Memory Layout and /20719-B1_Bluetooth/doc/WICED-Firmware-Upgrade-Library.pdf for details of memory structure.

0 Likes

I am storing data in NVRAM but whenever I reprogram my app the NVRAM gets erased.  Can I configure WICED Studio to not erase the NVRAM section when programming the app?

0 Likes

Can you please tell how you are storing data in NVRAM, using which API?

0 Likes

I am using wiced_hal_write_nvram() with vs_id WICED_NVRAM_VSID_START.

0 Likes

When you re-program, all flash content will get erased. So when you re-program, content of NVRAM will also get erased.

You can see the content of NVRAM only after reset or power cycle.

0 Likes