[20706 - LE OTA Apps] The Apps for Android is killed when "Connect" button is pressed.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
LiLe_3234306
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted First comment on KBA 50 sign-ins

Hi,

I tried to test the LE OTA Apps for Android, which is in .\WICED-Studio-6.4\common\peer_apps\ota_firmware_upgrade\Android\LeOTAApp\app\build\outputs\apk\app-debug.apk.

By the way, when I "Connect" button to search target LE device, the Apps is down(killed). The issue was always reproduced on my side. For your information, I tested it with Android 9 and 11 version and the test results was same.

I am not sure if the issue is known issue. If so, could you release patched Apps for Android?

One more thing, I also tested with LE OTA Apps within Modus SDK, but it's also killed.

Thanks,

Liam

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

I couldn't reproduce such issue.  I have tested it in Android 6 and Android 11 version. No crash observed. I used Generic BLE server as peer device. Eg: hello_Sensor app.  May I know which peer device you have used for your test?

Also, Please try to test with Windows version of the same app also. If you observe the issue only with android app, Please collect and share the android debug logs with us. 

Thanks,

-Dheeraj.P.K

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
DheerajPK_41

Hi,

Could you please use the android app from the github and try the same experiment?

https://github.com/Infineon/btsdk-peer-apps-ota

Thanks,

-Dheeraj.P.K

0 Likes

Hi Dheeraj.P.K

As you said, I tried to test with the Android Apps(LE OTA) from github but still happened. That is, the Apps also is killed when I click "Connect" button.

Thanks,

Liam

0 Likes
DheerajPK_41

Hi,

I couldn't reproduce such issue.  I have tested it in Android 6 and Android 11 version. No crash observed. I used Generic BLE server as peer device. Eg: hello_Sensor app.  May I know which peer device you have used for your test?

Also, Please try to test with Windows version of the same app also. If you observe the issue only with android app, Please collect and share the android debug logs with us. 

Thanks,

-Dheeraj.P.K

0 Likes
LiLe_3234306
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Dheeraj.P.K

Thanks for your update. I already verified it worked fine with Windows version. Let you know Android version info. soon.

Always thanks,

Liam

LiLe_3234306
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Dheeraj.P.K

As you said, I verified "LE OTA Apps" worked fine with Android 12.

Always thanks,

Liam

0 Likes
LiLe_3234306
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Dheeraj.P.K

I am not sure if you have tested with iOS. Our customer is trying to test with the Apps on the github above. According to customer, the connection is done successfully but OTA f/w upgrade is always failed. If needed, I asked customer to update more detailed information here and he will give more information soon.

Thanks,

Liam

0 Likes