Speed (Magnetic sensor) Forum Discussions
We have TLE4921-5U in a back biased double output speed sensor application but it is not recommended for new designs. Cost has increased and I have been asked to find a off the shelf drop in replacement.
Is there a drop in PN you can recommend?
is there an EOL situation in the horizon for TLE4921-5U?
Can you direct me to a sales representative to understand if cost price is defined globally or per area ( production facilities are in China. Price increased in the region) Wondering is North America has a diferent piece price.Show Less
Hello, there is a statement in the datasheet of the part number TLE4953C, which I do not completely understand.
It is the definition in Table 3-4 Electrical Characteristics, that states the 'Number of emitted pulses with invalid direction Information'.
1) What is the definition of 'invalid direction information'? Does it mean, the direction can be wrong (120 us instead of 60 us and vice versa) or does it mean, there could be no direction information available and the IC issues 30 us (speed pulse) instead?
2) If the gear wheel is rotating in a particular direction and I apply the supply voltage - do I have to assume, the direction information could be wrong (forward instead of reverse and vice versa) for up to 2 pulses?
Thank you for your support. Regards
what's the different of speed senor's :
Type of Hysteresis : hidden fixed; hidden adaptive; visible fixed; visible adaptive
TLE4941, TLE4943, TLE4953,
we use the TLE4957CE6747 but this part will no longer produced. We found the following part at a distributor:
TLE4957C2NE6747HAMA1, INF |OBS | 47,800 St. order code is SP000745378
Can we replace our 4957CE with the part above? The part we use (TLE4957CE6747)
shows order number SP000649296, will this fit?
What does the N stand for?
What does HAMA1 stand for?
Thank you for your feedback and best regads
I have got a couple of questions regarding the magnetic operating conditions of the device.
The IC will be used in a configuration with back-biasing.
The following operating conditions are stated in the datasheet of TLE4953C:
- Pre-induction: +/- 500 mT
My understanding ist, that the dynamic range is maximum +/- 500 mT on all three channels (L, R, C) and for me as an integrator I have to ensure that this limit is not exceeded, even at the minimum possible air gap? Basically the flux density has always to be below +/- 500 mT for all three hall elements? Is this understanding correct?
- Pre-induction offset between outer probes: +/- 20 mT
Suppose the dB = L-R signal is non-symmetrical. The positive peak is 42 mT and the negative peak is 0 mT. The peak-to-peak value would be within the specification, but there would be an offset of 21 mT present. Does this limit refer to (max(dB)-min(dB))/2<20 mT? If my understanding is correct, I would not maintain the allowed operating range?
- Pre-induction offset between mean of outer probes and center probe: +/- 20 mT
Basically same question as point 2. I calculate based on this equation dBdir = (L+R)/2-C the differential directional signal and check (max(dBdir)-min(dBdir))/2<20 mT? Is this again the correct approach? I attached some simulation results for a non-symmetrical Bdir case (upper plot raw flux densities, then dB and dBdir).
- Differential: +/- 120 mT
Does this value refer to the positive and negative peak of the dB = L-R signal?
- Note: Limit threshold speed 0Hz ≤ f ≤ 2500Hz +1.5 mT. The stated condition is 50% missing pulses. Is there as well a flux density limit for which let's say 99.99966 % of all pulses are detected. I used guard banding by using dB >= 4 mT as the allowed lower limit for the simulation, but I am not sure what the expectation for the missing pulses would be.
- Note: Limit differential direction signal 0Hz ≤ f ≤ 1100Hz +0.73 mT. The stated condition is: "just one pulse missing out of 100". Does that mean, there will be no directional pulse width shown on the output for this single pulse or the entire pulse is missing?
Thank you for your support.
I have a question regarding the datasheets of 4957C and 4957C E:
Are the both Sensors shown above exactly similar and the only difference are the hysteresis and when the sensor is switching his output?
I found a detailed datasheet only for TLE4957C-2 E6747, is there a similar document available for the TLE4957C E6747?
Thanks & best Regards.
I've purchased a TLE4986C evalkit to test TLE4959-5U-FX sensors, as discussed in another thread by my colleague @AdamR . I've recieved the kit but the provided software doesn't come with the ability to select either TLE4959 or TLE4929 as shown in the user manual. Is there a place for me to download the correct configuration to programme the sensor? I cannot find anything in any of the files provided to us.