Speed (Magnetic sensor) Forum Discussions
I have got a couple of questions regarding the magnetic operating conditions of the device.
The IC will be used in a configuration with back-biasing.
The following operating conditions are stated in the datasheet of TLE4953C:
- Pre-induction: +/- 500 mT
My understanding ist, that the dynamic range is maximum +/- 500 mT on all three channels (L, R, C) and for me as an integrator I have to ensure that this limit is not exceeded, even at the minimum possible air gap? Basically the flux density has always to be below +/- 500 mT for all three hall elements? Is this understanding correct?
- Pre-induction offset between outer probes: +/- 20 mT
Suppose the dB = L-R signal is non-symmetrical. The positive peak is 42 mT and the negative peak is 0 mT. The peak-to-peak value would be within the specification, but there would be an offset of 21 mT present. Does this limit refer to (max(dB)-min(dB))/2<20 mT? If my understanding is correct, I would not maintain the allowed operating range?
- Pre-induction offset between mean of outer probes and center probe: +/- 20 mT
Basically same question as point 2. I calculate based on this equation dBdir = (L+R)/2-C the differential directional signal and check (max(dBdir)-min(dBdir))/2<20 mT? Is this again the correct approach? I attached some simulation results for a non-symmetrical Bdir case (upper plot raw flux densities, then dB and dBdir).
- Differential: +/- 120 mT
Does this value refer to the positive and negative peak of the dB = L-R signal?
- Note: Limit threshold speed 0Hz ≤ f ≤ 2500Hz +1.5 mT. The stated condition is 50% missing pulses. Is there as well a flux density limit for which let's say 99.99966 % of all pulses are detected. I used guard banding by using dB >= 4 mT as the allowed lower limit for the simulation, but I am not sure what the expectation for the missing pulses would be.
- Note: Limit differential direction signal 0Hz ≤ f ≤ 1100Hz +0.73 mT. The stated condition is: "just one pulse missing out of 100". Does that mean, there will be no directional pulse width shown on the output for this single pulse or the entire pulse is missing?
Thank you for your support.
I have a question regarding the datasheets of 4957C and 4957C E:
Are the both Sensors shown above exactly similar and the only difference are the hysteresis and when the sensor is switching his output?
I found a detailed datasheet only for TLE4957C-2 E6747, is there a similar document available for the TLE4957C E6747?
Thanks & best Regards.
I've purchased a TLE4986C evalkit to test TLE4959-5U-FX sensors, as discussed in another thread by my colleague @AdamR . I've recieved the kit but the provided software doesn't come with the ability to select either TLE4959 or TLE4929 as shown in the user manual. Is there a place for me to download the correct configuration to programme the sensor? I cannot find anything in any of the files provided to us.
I am trying to use TLE4921-5U IC for speed detection, will the resistance between Power and output pin vary in the presence and absence of magnet ??
Prince. AShow Less
just asking for TLE4942-1C any information about:
MTTFd Rates (Years)
diagnostic coverage (%)
Is there a programming kit available for programming of the TLE4959x EEPROM? I would like to evaluate them and I was wondering if such a kit was available. If not, is there a recommended programming circuit I could build to test them with?