TLE4953C - Number of emitted pulses with invalid direction Information

Announcements

Measure CO2 When It Matters - Infineon’s XENSIV™ PAS CO2 now comes in SparkFun Red. Check it now!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MichaelPi
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins First like received 5 sign-ins

Hello, there is a statement in the datasheet of the part number TLE4953C, which I do not completely understand.

It is the definition in Table 3-4 Electrical Characteristics, that states the 'Number of emitted pulses with invalid direction Information'.

1) What is the definition of 'invalid direction information'? Does it mean, the direction can be wrong (120 us instead of 60 us and vice versa) or does it mean, there could be no direction information available and the IC issues 30 us (speed pulse) instead?

2) If the gear wheel is rotating in a particular direction and I apply the supply voltage - do I have to assume, the direction information could be wrong (forward instead of reverse and vice versa) for up to 2 pulses?

Thank you for your support. Regards

1 Solution
Adithya_S
100 sign-ins First question asked 50 replies posted

Hi @MichaelPi , 

Thank you so much for reaching out to Infineon Technologies. 

Invalid direction information means that after startup, the sensor will take some small amount of time after which the information given by the sensor is reliable. In this case, it means that after start up, two pulses should be ignored before capturing the actual direction signal. 

Adithya_S_0-1702887416815.png

These two pulses can be anything, left direction signal (60 us) or right direction signal (120 us), the first two pulses are to be ignored and direction data is reliable only 3rd pulse onwards. 

Hope this helps. 

Thanks and regards,

Adithya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Adithya_S

Hi @MichaelPi , 

Thank you so much for reaching out to Infineon Technologies. 

Invalid direction information means that after startup, the sensor will take some small amount of time after which the information given by the sensor is reliable. In this case, it means that after start up, two pulses should be ignored before capturing the actual direction signal. 

Adithya_S_0-1702887416815.png

These two pulses can be anything, left direction signal (60 us) or right direction signal (120 us), the first two pulses are to be ignored and direction data is reliable only 3rd pulse onwards. 

Hope this helps. 

Thanks and regards,

Adithya

0 Likes
Adithya_S

Hi @MichaelPi , 

I hope your query is solved. We are closing this thread. 

Thanks and regards, 

Adithya

0 Likes