Writing/reading error with CAT24C64 eprom memory

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
vbas
Level 2
Level 2
5 replies posted First like given 10 sign-ins

I use eprom flash memory CAT24C64 with I2C channel for CY8C4146AZI-S423 chip, PSoC Creator 4.4. I made a short test project, it works well, but if I run this project in debug mode even without breakpoints, the MemoryWrite and MemoryRead APIs return DEVICE_BUSY instead of SUCCESS. For this reason, I cannot debug a more complex project where I use this flash. I tried to set CyDelay with different times after these APIs, useless for debug mode, but once this project is programmed it works well with CyDelay(10). Maybe I'm missing something?

0 Likes
1 Solution
vbas
Level 2
Level 2

Sorry, there was a hardware problem, our hardware engineer gave me a controller with an I2C SCL pin, which is shared with the DEBUG pin to save header pins in the board. When this shared connection was disabled, the I2C eprom started working in both normal and debug modes. Sorry again

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
vbas
Level 2
Level 2

Sorry, there was a hardware problem, our hardware engineer gave me a controller with an I2C SCL pin, which is shared with the DEBUG pin to save header pins in the board. When this shared connection was disabled, the I2C eprom started working in both normal and debug modes. Sorry again

0 Likes