undervoltage reset delay

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ElecCheng
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 5 questions asked 10 replies posted

Hi Expert,

I notice that the undervoltage reset delay is removed from BTS7008-2EPG while comparing with BTS7008-2EPA. I see in BTS7008-2EPA datasheet that this function can protect device in case the undervoltage condition is caused by a short circuit event (according to AEC-Q100-012), as below. But now in BTS7008-2EPG it's removed. I need to figure out below question:

1. Why is this function removed? 

2. While switching from BTS7008-2EPA to BTS7008-2EPG in my design, is there any specific point I need to take care for new design? 

Thank you for your support! Really appreciate!

ElecCheng_0-1675242144021.png

BR,

CHENG

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anshika_G
First question asked 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hi Cheng,

1.Why is this function removed? 
It is mainly done due to some specific customer's request for the removal of undervoltage reset delay.
Apart from this, both BTS7008-EPA/EPG are almost similar.

2. While switching from BTS7008-2EPA to BTS7008-2EPG in my design, is there any specific point I need to take care for new design? 
I am checking on this with internal team and let you know if there is any consideration need to be taken.

Best Regards,
Anshika

0 Likes

Hi Anshika,

Appreciate your help! 

1. Just out of curious, why do they ask for removing this delay time? In what real use case does this delay time make difference? That will be helpful for reference in my design. Thanks.

2. Let me know if you have any updates. Thanks.

BR,

CHENG

0 Likes
Anshika_G
First question asked 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hello Cheng,

The reason behind the request is confidential and cannot be shared. 
Both the devices have similar features apart from UV delay. I request you to consider EPA devices as a first recommendation from us.

Thanks, and Best Regards,
Anshika

0 Likes

Hi Anshika,

Thanks for reply!

I understand the confidentiality behind. But may you give a hint about in what use case  the delay time will have some influence? You can exclude the customer name and other confidential info. Just suggest the use case I need to take care in case I will encounter in my design. Is that possible? Thank you!

BR,

CHENG

0 Likes

Hi Anshika,

Any feedback for this question? Thanks.

BR,

CHENG

0 Likes