Smart Power Switches Forum Discussions
I am using TLE9104SH as a low-side switch. I want to control it with IN1,2,3,4, not from SPI. According to the datasheet, for enabling the output and disenabling the watchdog I have to write device registers, so can I receive an example code for my application?
As the DHP1050N10N5 was moved to "not recommended for new designs", can you please help me with below 2 questions:
1 - Until when is expected to have this device being manufatured prior to discontinuation?
2 - Is there any device pin-to-pin compatible to this one? If not what is the closesed in terms of functionality? I couldn't find too many options...
Marcelo - FAE at NeutronicsShow Less
Hey fellow Engineers,
I have the #EVAL-M5EVAL-M5-IMZ120R-SIC, which is a 3-phase inverter board, and I want to make it work with a 48V DC-link voltage. In the manual, it's mentioned that changing one of the resistors will allow the auxiliary supply to trigger at a lower voltage.
"For example changing the resistor value of R668 from 14 kΩ(default value) to 39 kΩ will alow AUX supply to trigger at lower DC voltage of around 200V instead of 400 V."
Is there a formula available to determine how to change that specific resistor? I've attempted to comprehend the #ICE5QSAGIC to understand how to make these modifications, but I'm struggling with it. Can anyone provide assistance?
Cheers, StevenShow Less
I have a couple of more questions regarding BTS7008 switch.
- It is defined in the section 9.1 and section 6 of the datasheet of the BTS7008 that inputs are being low or high. This determines whether the BTS driver is in active mode or standby mode. [for example, If the digital signal inputs are provided it is easier to determine the high and low states. However, when a PWM signals with 25% duty cycle or 50 % duty cycle are used as an input; How are the operation states achieved? Do they toggle between active and standby modes as the inputs toggle between high and low?]
- All the diagnosis mechanisms like short to Vs, Short to ground, open load are all with respect to the output signals of the BTS driver. It can be easily diagnosed with IS pin feedback. However, what will be the case when the BTS driver has a failure within itself, like internal component failure. How it affects the IS pin feedback? Does it put out the IS(Fault) even during that time?
- There are protection mechanisms that are present to protect the device from over temperature and over load. Other than these if the device has any other internal faults, how are they detected?
In the BTS712N1 Datasheet the reversed polarity function states that we have to add a 150Ω to the GND pin, however when we tested this function it with an open load, the temperature in the IC reached 90C, the test was performed at 14.4V, the current draw was 0.28A from the PSU. Testing at 32V it blows the IC straight away.
The Datasheet also states the following "With external current limit (e.g. resistor RGND=150 Ω) in GND connection, resistor in series with ST ja connection, reverse load current limited by connected load." which indicates that the load would help to attenuate the power going through the e intrinsic drain-source diode, however our load could be a relay, which has an internal resistance of 108mΩ, therefore the current will still go through the diode.
I was wondering if there are a better explanation how this protection works and how we can mitigate the power going through the diode considering the minimum load of 108mΩ.
I'm looking for an application note or similar about capacitive load of BTT and BTF high side switches. This parameter is not mentioned anywhere but really important when the high side switch is suppling an electronic device with power. As an example, is a BTT6010 suitable for a handling a load with 220 uF input capacitance and 1 meter wire? I'm looking for a summary of capacitive load capability of of BTT6050, 6030, 6010, 6100, 6200, BTF6070 etc. (all BTT/BTF devices).Show Less
2 direct/ PWM inputs with mapping function for TLE75008-ESD, could you tell me how to map and achieve 6-channel PWM control outputs?
Which registers are configured for SPI? What is the frequency range of PWM waveform?
I am using TLE8110 and trying to driver the outputwith Stm32f407 via SPI meaning mode is set to 01 for each output in INx register
1. Enbale EN pin, RST pin high and CS low.
2. first set DEVS register with RPC and DCC enabled
3. Setting INA and INB register
4. Enable output
Everytime I send a request to enable new output I see in response the previous command send. But no output enables.
Can you please help here? Thanks.Show Less