Series Resistor Calculation BTS3125EJ

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
reshmi_garg
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hi Team,

The series resistor recommended for IN pin and status pin is 4.7K ohm for VDD of 5V. Could you provide a reference for the calculation so that the resistor can be tweaked as per the application.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anshika_G
First question asked 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hello,                                                                                                         

Thank you for posting on Infineon Community.

For Rin calculations , please refer to the datasheet Page 17. To calculate the value, you should know the maximum voltage level  of the microcontroller .

G_Anshika_1-1657715187408.png

Please refer to below image to have the better understanding of how current is flowing:

G_Anshika_0-1658225533999.png

For Rstatus resistor, I status max is 5 mA ( in Datasheet, Page 8, Section 4.1 ,Table 2). Keeping voltage as 5 V ,and taking current as per the application but below 5mA, you can design the Rstatus. 

Please let me know if you need any help.

Thanks and Regards,
Anshika

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anshika_G
First question asked 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hello,                                                                                                         

Thank you for posting on Infineon Community.

For Rin calculations , please refer to the datasheet Page 17. To calculate the value, you should know the maximum voltage level  of the microcontroller .

G_Anshika_1-1657715187408.png

Please refer to below image to have the better understanding of how current is flowing:

G_Anshika_0-1658225533999.png

For Rstatus resistor, I status max is 5 mA ( in Datasheet, Page 8, Section 4.1 ,Table 2). Keeping voltage as 5 V ,and taking current as per the application but below 5mA, you can design the Rstatus. 

Please let me know if you need any help.

Thanks and Regards,
Anshika

0 Likes