High-side switch with customizable current limit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
johann
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Dear Infineon,

I am designing an ECU for ADAS and there I am looking for a high-side switch with customizable over current threshold to protect my PCB, connector and passive filter network. Current is in the range of 2 to 4 A.

Can you help me to find a suitable Smart Power Switch?

Thx and BR, Johann

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anshika_G
First question asked 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hello Johann,
Thank you for posting on Infineon Community.

The Load Guard PROFET is the best recommendation as per your requirement. It has adjustable current limitation feature which will help in protecting the PCB, connector and passive filter network. The only issue is that it will be made available in market from October'22(tentatively).  

For alternate recommendations, can you please tell about the operating voltage, Rds  as per your design, so that we can suggest accordingly?

Thanks and Regards,
Anshika

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anshika_G
First question asked 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hello Johann,
Thank you for posting on Infineon Community.

The Load Guard PROFET is the best recommendation as per your requirement. It has adjustable current limitation feature which will help in protecting the PCB, connector and passive filter network. The only issue is that it will be made available in market from October'22(tentatively).  

For alternate recommendations, can you please tell about the operating voltage, Rds  as per your design, so that we can suggest accordingly?

Thanks and Regards,
Anshika

Hi Anshika,

thx a lot for the quick reply. I had a look into the datasheet and its exactly what I need. So far I am working on the schematic and can wait for sample availability. Good to have also the online simulation available, https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-atv_12V_smart_high_side_switch_BTG7090-2EPL-SimulationTool-v0... -> helps a lot!

Thx and have a nice weekend!

0 Likes