Configuration of TLE75008-ESD

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
kalata_12
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello everyone,

I want to control the outputs of TLE75008-ESD via PWM, only using the SPI  interface. What should I do with the inputs pins -IN0 ; IN1 and IDLE.

Should I connect  IN0 and IN1 to ground and IDLE connect  to 5 volts ?

I don't want to use  Limp-Home Mode !

0 Likes
1 Solution
Kanahaiya_K
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 10 likes given

Hi @kalata_12 ,

As per your application,if you don't want to use the IN0/IN1 pins,In that case you can connect the IN0 &IN1 pins to ground and make HWCR.ACT bit to 1 or OUT.OUT bit to 1 by using the SPI interface.In this way the device will enter into the active mode and you can use it as per your applications.

Best Regards,
Kanahaiya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Kanahaiya_K

Hi @kalata_12 ,

Thanks for posting on the Infineon Developer community.

TLE75008-ESD will operate in the four modes namely

1.Sleep Mode

2.Limp Home Mode

3.Idle Mode

4. Active Mode

If the input pin (IN0/IN1) is connected to ground and IDLE pin is connected to 5 volts, then the device will go in Idle mode.

For the normal operation of the device, to configure the channels properly and to use the SPI commands & the SPI registers, it is necessary to make the Input pin and Idle pin as High. So, it is recommended to connect these pins to the voltage between 2 volts to 5.5 volts.

For more details regarding the operation modes of TLE75008-ESD, please refer to table 7 of the datasheet.

Feel free to contact in case of any further clarifications.

Best Regards,
Kanahaiya

0 Likes

Hello, Thank you for the answer ! But I could not understand. I don't want to use IN0 and IN1 pins, I want to control all the outputs together via SPI and have diagnostics for them. How should I connect the pins- IN0 ; IN1 and IDLE ?

With this way in which you have described, I think that the pins (IN0/IN1) are already active and they are already involved in the control of the outputs but I don't want that.

0 Likes
kalata_12
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello, Thank you for the answer ! But I could not understand. I don't want to use IN0 and IN1 pins, I want to control all the outputs together via SPI and have diagnostics for them. How should I connect the pins- IN0 ; IN1 and IDLE ?

With this way in which you have described, I think that the pins (IN0/IN1) are already active and they are already involved in the control of the outputs but I don't want that.

0 Likes
Kanahaiya_K

Hi @kalata_12 ,

As per your application,if you don't want to use the IN0/IN1 pins,In that case you can connect the IN0 &IN1 pins to ground and make HWCR.ACT bit to 1 or OUT.OUT bit to 1 by using the SPI interface.In this way the device will enter into the active mode and you can use it as per your applications.

Best Regards,
Kanahaiya

0 Likes