the strange current pules when connecting a slave device if 20736 as a master

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ZhaohuaS_76
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 10 questions asked 10 sign-ins

Hi All,

I am testing the power consumption of 20736 EVK when 20736 as a master, but I found the strange current pules when 20736 connected a slave device .I use the power monitor to record the current of 20736 EVK, the power monitor is a suit for testing power consumption, it include the one power supply and the PC tool.

One 20736 EVK as a slave and run hello_sensor app, I modified some codes in hello_sensor, the following is the modification.

1. disable the connect idle timer.

2. update the connect interval to 1S by calling  bleprofile_SendConnParamUpdateReq(800, 820, 0, 700).

3. disable the sending notification and indication.

Another 20736 EVK as a master and run hello_cleint app, I modified some codes in hello_client, the following is the modification.

1. disable the advertising.

2. disable all the writing and reading slave GATT DB codes.

3. add the blecen_connUp() to disable the connect timer in hello_client_connection_up();

5. disable the advertising after connected one salve device by blecm_setAdvDuringConnEnable(FALSE);

But I found the strange current pulse after connecting the slave device on master EVK when I use the power monitor to test the power consumption. Attach the screenshot, the strange current pules is shown for every about 4S. I expand the strange current pules, found it is kept about 14 ms, The connect interval is about 1S,  normal timer and fine timer is 1S, I can found the current pules of connect interval and timers, but I don't explain the strange 15ms current pules, anyone can help me?

current.pngcurrent_expand.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Zhaohua,

Thank you for the feedback on disabling the scan.

1.  If that is the case, then what you are observing are the Adaptive Frequency Hopping scans.

2.  The Master always does active scans.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

JT

zhaohua

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
asridharan
Employee
Employee
10 comments on KBA 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

zhaohua

Did you disable scans too?

0 Likes

Hi arvinds,

Had disabled scan, the return value is 0 when calling blecen_GetScan in normal timer callback.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Zhaohua,

Thank you for the feedback on disabling the scan.

1.  If that is the case, then what you are observing are the Adaptive Frequency Hopping scans.

2.  The Master always does active scans.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

JT

zhaohua

0 Likes

Hi JT,

Got it, thanks a lot.

0 Likes