slave to two masters of two different piconets, at the same time

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does WICED API allow a single 20732 to be connected as a piconet slave to a 2nd 20732, which is master of that piconet,

and also for the 1st 20732 to ALSO be connected in a 2nd piconet as slave to a another 20732 which is master of 3rd piconet?

That is, can a 20732 be connected as a slave to two masters of two different piconets, at the same time?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello dbell,

The BCM20732 does not support the Master/Slave scenario that you've described.

The BCM20736 will support the Master/Slave environment and is supported in the new SDK 2.0.1 available for download here: WICED Smart Documents & Downloads

I am creating a Master/Slave Blog very soon and will update you when it is posted.

Let me know if you have further questions.

JT

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello dbell,

The BCM20732 does not support the Master/Slave scenario that you've described.

The BCM20736 will support the Master/Slave environment and is supported in the new SDK 2.0.1 available for download here: WICED Smart Documents & Downloads

I am creating a Master/Slave Blog very soon and will update you when it is posted.

Let me know if you have further questions.

JT

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will the 20732A1 support master/slave?

0 Likes

You will need the BCM20736S and the new TAG3 board noted here to support this feature:BCM2073X Product Portfolio (Module and Evaluation Board Overview)

0 Likes