puart_control example on cyble-013025-eval

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Timon
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First solution authored

Hello

I am trying to get an eval-board of type CYBLE-013025-EVAL to run with the example puart-controll from WICED-Smart-SDK. But since I am new in this matter, I ask for support. Downloading to the eval-board worked, but searching for a device in the provided software "ClientControl" does not work.

Can anyone help me with this?

Cheers
Timon

0 Likes
1 Solution
Timon
Level 2
Level 2

Hello AnjanaM_61

I finally got it running. I don't know why, but it didn't work via the USB interface. Now I used a RS232 converter to connect the two pins P0 and P2 to the computer. This seems to work.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Cheers

Timon

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AnjanaM_61
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

Hello,

There is a document in the example project folder itself. Puart-control.pdf. Did you followed the steps ? Can you please confirm. 

Also , you may have to change the uart pins with respect to the module. I would suggest you to go through our getting started appnote for this module once: 

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-AN220929_Getting_Started_with_EZ-BLE_WICED_Modules-Applicatio...

Regards,
Anjana

0 Likes

Hello

Thanks for your replay.

I saw this document and tried to follow them. But there must be somewhere a tiny error in my code that it does not work for me.

I connected the board together with the cable which was also delivered in the kit into the computer. I put the pin 1-4 OFF and the pin 5, 6 from the switch 1 ON. Then I can download and receive the answer that it was successful.

But when I start the ClientControl it does not to anything. I also downloaded the right file from the platform and tried to change the UART_PIN’s but it still does not work.

I tried with these pin configurations:

#define GPIO_PIN_UART_TX                     24
#define GPIO_PIN_UART_RX                     25

#define GPIO_PIN_UART_TX                     0
#define GPIO_PIN_UART_RX                     2

#define GPIO_PIN_UART_TX                     UP_TX
#define GPIO_PIN_UART_RX                     UP_RX

I would be more than happy if you have some hints for me.

Regards,

Timon

0 Likes
Timon
Level 2
Level 2

Hello AnjanaM_61

I finally got it running. I don't know why, but it didn't work via the USB interface. Now I used a RS232 converter to connect the two pins P0 and P2 to the computer. This seems to work.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Cheers

Timon