max escape time of fine timer

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

So far, as we knew the fine timer is the SW timer and was driving by App thread and we have to use the timer to implement loop.

We require to have the periodic 20 Hz  timer (uniform)  to access sensor data and also need to calculate the senor data.I have some question.

1.The max escape time value of  fine timer, if I configured fine timer to 20 Hz. The value shall not affect the BLE stack behavior

50ms is fine.

2.How to guarantee  the  uniform interval  timer.what's delta time of the each tick .

12.5ms

3.Can we have the independent  HW timer to access sensor rather than the SW timer.

Better not to use HW timer but we have seen 6.25ms

Br,

BB119

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question 1:

I want to know how long can we still in timer and not affect the BLE stack.  for every tick, can we execute our application code around 25 ms (fine timer:50ms)

Question 2:

Was  interval  of timer  uniform ?   my senor will be report the value every 50ms, We have to read value every 50ms. (+- 3 ms), otherwise data may lost.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Barrel

Let us research your 2 other questions.

2.  The fine timer tick is 12.5 ms resolution.

Thanks

JT

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question 1:

I want to know how long can we still in timer and not affect the BLE stack.  for every tick, can we execute our application code around 25 ms (fine timer:50ms)

Question 2:

Was  interval  of timer  uniform ?   my senor will be report the value every 50ms, We have to read value every 50ms. (+- 3 ms), otherwise data may lost.

0 Likes