downloads to my smart tag fail

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

using SDK 2.0.1 with my new 20737TAG, i'm able to successfully build but not download a sample app....

output in the console window reports that No BCM20736 has been detected....

the drivers for the board's USB interface have been installed and (correctly) show two USB serial ports in the windows device manager....

all switches on the board have been verified as well....

the first (and perhaps most obvious) questions is:  does the smart tag have an LED to indicator power???   at this point, the board is dark....

thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

if anyone does encounter this issue, simply set an environment variable named 'UART' to the appropriate 'COMxxx' value....   this works at the command-line, as well as inside of eclipse -- where you would set this up in the C build preferences....

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

a little more info....

the 20737TAG enumerates as *two* USB devices; but for some reason, i had to edit my make target and specifically call out UART=COMxxx

at this point, i see LEDs flashing as the download happens....

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

if anyone does encounter this issue, simply set an environment variable named 'UART' to the appropriate 'COMxxx' value....   this works at the command-line, as well as inside of eclipse -- where you would set this up in the C build preferences....

Thanks for sharing this information with the community Bob.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to modify target e.g.

hello_sensor-BCM920736TAG_Q32 download

to:

hello_sensor-BCM920737TAG_Q32 download

You said that:

"output in the console window reports that No BCM20736 has been detected...."

Well, your 20737TAG comes with 20737 chip (not 20736) and that is why it cannot detect it.

Unless you are doing recovery you do not need to use UART=COMxxx

0 Likes

Note that you do not need to build the 20737 to run on the TAG as the board supports both he 20736 and 20737.

If you are using a module, then things change slightly in that 20736 code will run on the 20737S, but 20737 code will not run on 20736S.

0 Likes