cannot install WICED SDK on Windows 7

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been doing development on Windows 8 with the WICED SDK and now to do some testing and development on on Windows 7 but when I try and install either 1.0.01 or 1.1.0 I get the following dialog, note that I have the JRE 51 installed.

sdk.jpg

0 Likes
1 Solution

Joe,

We are not seeing this problem occur on many Win7  machines, so we are trying to find a pattern.

When you have a chance, could you go to Windows Control Panel->Java->View and provide the following (the attached is from my Win7 machine, no issues with the install).

JRE Version.png

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Note that there is a discussion on the WICED Wi-Fi forum regarding this problem on the Wi-Fi version of the WICED SDK.

Installation Issues

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately that discussion does not lead to a solution.

0 Likes

There is alot of ongoing discussion in that thread and it appears one user had found a solution.

With this user, the problem appears to be linked to the amount of RAM available on their machine.

Installation Issues

Can I assume that you have already installed the latest version of Java/JRE?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes...

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Joe,

Eclipse IDE requires Java RunTime Environment to be installed.  You can download this for your particular OS at the link below...

Java SE JRE 6u25 Download

Regards,

Frank

0 Likes

Joe,

We are not seeing this problem occur on many Win7  machines, so we are trying to find a pattern.

When you have a chance, could you go to Windows Control Panel->Java->View and provide the following (the attached is from my Win7 machine, no issues with the install).

JRE Version.png

0 Likes