additional test item for minimum filling

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

We are preparing to get FCC certification on our product with BCM20737S..

Seeing discussions here, 2 options for FCC certification is provided.

1. minimum filing

2. getting FCC certification at system level

According to 20732S regulatory certification​, your regulatory team answered as below

Integration into hosts other than approved host under the LMA requires additional testing inside the hosts and a Class 2 permissive change. 

Could you let us know what additional test is needed for the C2PC?

We already got our own FCC ID and your authorization letter, but we are confused how to handle the approval test next.

For example, conducted sample is requested from our coordinator but we understand there may be another approach than conducted test.

We appreciate very much if you elaborate elaborate and categorize each FCC test items to

1. test items that additional test is needed

2. test items that have to be submitted and provided by you

3. test items that is included in your authorization latter

Thank you for your great support.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi colin.halladay

Thank you for your support.

Our coordinator and TCB concluded not testing conducted test, going through FCC test report that is using your LMA module finally.

We will check test sight you listed above when we face another challenge.

Thank you again.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I do not believe a standardized list of additional test exist as these vary based on the use of the SiP module within the host.

Your regulatory test house can normally advise on which additional tests are needed.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Thank you for your quick feedback. We understand test case depends on product, so no standardized test case exit. But We believe you may have a rough idea or some example case of additional test items based on your experience.

We appreciate very much if you show us such your example or your previous case.

0 Likes

Take a look at the recent Webinar we did with LSR as this has some solid information on leverage our limited modular approval.

Webinar on May 3rd: Regulatory Testing topics specific to Broadcom BT/Wi-Fi based modules...

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Thank you for sharing the webinar material, my understanding is improved.

Then, according to the slide, certification could be gotten by testing only radiated spurious emission and SAR (for mobile and wearable). Could you share documents that shows conducted test is not needed for the LMA module officially. Conducted sample request comes from our TCB and we need fact or evidence to convince them.

Thank you for your help

0 Likes

Are you working with a regulatory test facility (TCB/)? 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

We request our test coordinator to discuss with TCB, and the comment above is TCB feedback via our test coordinator.

Our test coordinator is also confused because we feedback them that providing conducted test sample is impossible that requested by TCB.

Thank you

0 Likes

The BCM2073XS FCC testing/cert was done at the UL Lab in Fremont CA. Customers are essentially able to reuse our conducted results for their own testing (many have done so), but it sounds like the lab you selected has interpreted things a little differently.

Since the part has an internal antenna on Pin 10, I'm not sure it is even possible for you to do your own conductive measurements with an external antenna.  We had to do this ourselves for the initial regulatory testing that customers can then leverage through the LMA, but the custom PCBs we created and firmware would not be transferable/supported in the broad market.

LSR (the creators of the Webinar I shared) could also assist if you want to look into obtaining another opinion from a different test facility.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I hope both of you are doing well, after reviewing this string with our EMC Team, we agree with the last comment.  If the BCM2073XS was used, only general emissions testing should have to be completed - the original testing done by Cypress should be able to be leveraged.  I hope this helps, please feel free to follow up with additional questions to me directly - here is my contact info:

Colin Halladay | Strategic Business Development Manager - EMC Services, Connectivity Solutions

W66 N220 Commerce Ct. | Cedarburg, WI 53012

Direct: 262.421.9391 | Cell: 262.719.3265 | Colin.Halladay@LairdTech.com

1. www.lsr.com | www.lairdtech.com | Twitter | LinkedIn
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi colin.halladay

Thank you for your support.

Our coordinator and TCB concluded not testing conducted test, going through FCC test report that is using your LMA module finally.

We will check test sight you listed above when we face another challenge.

Thank you again.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm glad everything worked out.  Good luck with your product launch, and please do reach out if anything comes up in the future.

0 Likes