Write Handler not getting called in Iphone Gatt client BCM20736

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

I am using BCM20736 BLE chip for one of the projects using WICED SDK to flash BT chip. I am able to put device to discoverable mode and able to find the device,connect to device and send notification via BLE client(Light Blue) application in i-phone same which is happening by the call back mechanism. Issue is that Write handler call back is not getting called if write is pressed on i-phone client application. But the thing is that same write handler is getting called if I use Android client applications like BLE Tools,BLE Tool V2 etc and works fine. Please suggest if there is any change in configuration at BLE chip end to invoke write handler call back? We did try using multiple I-phones and result was the same. If anyone faced similar issue during development?

Regards,

Prasanna

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much James.But I did get the issue fixed myself. It was issues with permissions.Also I am really mesmerized with the response in this less time. Thank you again. I shall mail you my code please check if have missed any part.

Regards,

Prasanna

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello.

Which iphone app are you using? just LightBlue?

Are you using your own iphone app?

I can't think of any reason why the write callback handler shouldn't be called just for iphones.

Is it possible for you post your code so that I can try to test it here?

If you feel uncomfortable posting the source code here, you can email me. (communities-list.pdl@broadcom.com)

Please let me know.

Thanks.

James

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

jamesle1

Can you please share me sample BCM code where atleast one characterestic is enabled and has write ,read, notify permissions that works on both android and Iphone? or atlease that works on iphone gatt clients?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using Light blue BLE application in  iPhone 6+ with iOS 9.2 running where Read,Notification is working and Write is not invoking write_handler on BCM side.

0 Likes

Have you taken a look at the WICED Sense Android Source (v1.08)

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your quick suggestion. But this is android source code and in Android I have already got all read/write/notification working as expected. I am having issues only in i-Phone. Is there anything I should change in BLE part in WICEDSDK ?

0 Likes

I believe jamesle1​ wanted you to post your source code here to the thread, or send it to the website admin alias he provided.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was not clear if I should post BLE WICED source code or BLE client application source ? Please suggest.I shall mail the same.

Regards,

Prasanna

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello.

Sorry for the confusion. I wanted you to post BLE WICED source code, so that I can test your application with iOS devices.

Since you said that everything works fine with Android, it might be that the problem is on the iphone side, but I can make sure by looking at your BCM code.

I will try to post sample BCM code where atleast one characterestic is enabled and has write ,read, notify permissions that works on both android and Iphone,

but I believe you can try to use any sample applications in the SDK to test also.

James

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello again.

I wrote a simple app with a characteristic with read/write/notification properties.

(notifications just send a value of counter)

I have tested with both Android and iOS devices and it works as it should with the write handler being called when it needs to.

I used WICED Smart Designer to generate code, so there might be some variables that I'm not using and the callback functions are called in layers, but I tried to clean as much as I can and made it as simple as possible.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions.

James

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much James.But I did get the issue fixed myself. It was issues with permissions.Also I am really mesmerized with the response in this less time. Thank you again. I shall mail you my code please check if have missed any part.

Regards,

Prasanna

0 Likes