Wiced Sense power optimisations

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am developing an Android app that uses data from WICED Sense. I expect my end-users to buy WICED Sense tags, download my app and then connect Sense to my app.

Everything is working fine. But before announcing the app publicly, I have a few questions:

• The battery life for the Sense with firmware version 1.3 is not very high. The battery goes weak after about 2 hours of use. Does Broadcom have any plans to address this?
  • Where is the source code for firmware version 1.3? I would like to try my hand at tweaking it. I only see a post about firmware v1.2.
  • Can any firmware (custom) be installed on the Sense tag and is this a recommended practice? Does the firmware need to be signed?                                                                                 
  • How much power is consumed when blinking LEDs and playing beeps? Can we increase battery life by reducing the blinks and the beeps?
  • How much power is consumed when connected but not sending data?
  • How much power is consumed when connected and sending data (from SENSE to GATT client)?  Can we increase battery life significantly by reducing the number of transmissions?

thanks,

HRJ

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello HR,

Have you tried to upgrade your WICED Sense Kit from the SDK 2.2 Download?

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

WICED Sense Recovery Procedure Video

The version of the firmware is in the header file and is version 1.3:

#define WICED_SENSE_APP_ID 0x3A20

#define WICED_SENSE_APP_VERSION_MAJOR 1

#define WICED_SENSE_APP_VERSION_MINOR 3

Hope this helps,

JT

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies