Why error occur when I open WsOtaUpgrade.exe?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

From this thread: Re: Why error occur when I open WsOtaUpgrade.exe?

I use wiced smart IDE 2.1.1 ad BCM20737 module. When I try to open WsOtaUpgrade.exe, a error message occur: "Failed to open the patch file.". I have windows7 installed.

pastedImage_0.png

I think that USB Dongle is properly installed

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Note that you need to call this command from the command line as you cannot double-click the executable.

It is also expecting a set of parameters to be passed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Note that you need to call this command from the command line as you cannot double-click the executable.

It is also expecting a set of parameters to be passed.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello EduWimy,

I have attached a PDF I have created for our own internal use and also for customers I work with that should prove useful for yourself and/or others you may have working on this project for you.  One key note in the PDF is to ensure you UNCHECK the 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' setting for the USB Dongle in the Device Properties.  Otherwise you will most likely end up with OTA's that fail ~30% of the time somewhere in the middle.  Unchecking this solves this issue.

Regards,

Frank

pastedImage_0.png

Thanks Frank.

Note that I also tried to point this out on the SDK download page here as well: WICED-Smart-SDK-2.2-IDE-Installer (Windows)

ota.png

0 Likes