Why Framing error occures on Tx byte?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using BCM920737TAG board for software development. I did configured puart port and sending data on Tx. I am capturing data by using Saleae logic analyzer and I observed that some times the data has framing error. Any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Peripheral UART (SPI1, SPI2, I2C) is (are) shutdown in sleep. So the application has to disable sleep during the time data is being transmitted/received. See puart.h for a couple of macros that can be used to determine if the RX/TX FIFOs have data.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
asridharan
Employee
Employee
10 comments on KBA 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

Do you have a screenshot of this? Are you seeing data errors when you connect a terminal application? What baud rate are you using? Do you have some sample code that can be used to reproduce this?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have disabled sleepmode in uart_init function and it started working fine. If it is transmitting and device enters in to sleepmode, it looks like it delays the remaining bits. Is it correct?

0 Likes

Peripheral UART (SPI1, SPI2, I2C) is (are) shutdown in sleep. So the application has to disable sleep during the time data is being transmitted/received. See puart.h for a couple of macros that can be used to determine if the RX/TX FIFOs have data.