What is the difference between the 2.2.x and 3.3.x IDE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am sorry to be confused.

Joe

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog
SDK 3.3.x supports our WICED WiFi and Combo chip products such as the BCM 4334X 

SDK 2.2.x supports our BLE products only

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog
SDK 3.3.x supports our WICED WiFi and Combo chip products such as the BCM 4334X 

SDK 2.2.x supports our BLE products only

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great, thanks.

I just got 3.3.x installed and it uses 64bit java.

Do you plan to combine them at some point in the future?
Can the bluetooth development environment be imported into 3.3.x for a combined single tool by a user?

0 Likes

Unfortunately there is no method to import the BLE SDK environment into the WICED Wi-Fi Eclipse IDE shell.

We do have plans to integrate the two SDKs, but this probably will not be a production offering till sometime early next year.

Can't different versions of the Java VM exist on the same machine?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think different versions of java can exist on the same machine in general, but the direction given by the other user was to uninstall all versions of Java except the version needed for 2.2.x.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

After you have installed the 2.2.x IDE you can reinstate your previous Java versions. The removal of all previous Java versions is only necessary for the installation process..

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am evaluating the IDE's from all manufactures of BLE devices, and I have a few other projects going on. I counted and I now have 20 IDE's installed and working except the yours the one I am most interested in.

I am a bit fearful that some of them will break if I do as you suggest, and I will need to start a debug cycle for them.

Do you have an eta for fixing the installer?

0 Likes

I am checking with the internal team now to confirm that we will be testing the new SDK 2.2.2 release against the newer Windows operating systems that are being heavily promoted.If yes, then we should have the new 2.2.2 version out in the first half of October.

0 Likes