WICED-Smart-SDK on OSX

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm trying to configure the WICED-Smart-SDK in OSX 10.9.1

I believe this is possible as it is mentioned in the documentation and there are OSX options in the toolchain.

I am following the instructions "Importing the WICED Smart SDK into Eclipse" in the quick start guide.

I downloaded eclipse Juno and disabled gatekeeper ("this application is from an unknown developer")

I imported the WICED-Smart-SDK into eclipse as a new makefile project.

I made a new target called OM.heart_rate_monitor-BCM920732TAG_Q32 download and tried to build it

--- observation 1 - The build initially fails, giving an error that the incorrect make has been used - the system default one as opposed to the custom make script "./make",

--- observation 2 - I had to modify the make target and enter the full path to the custom make script in "Build command", it doesn't understand "./make"

--- observation 3 - the build script fails if there is are spaces in the path of the WICED smart SDK

-- observation 4 - the compile now succeeds but the script fails to download the new firmware, it outputs the following error:

Tools/common/OSX/dash: 1: @Tools/common/OSX/echo: not found

make: *** [find_com_port] Error 127

(I have connected the board to the computer and the FTDI drivers are working)

Has anyone on the forum succeeded with this, or is the person who wrote the build system for Broadcom here?

Regards

Tim Redfern

0 Likes
1 Solution
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

Please refer to the current release of SDK2.2.2 in Jan/2016 for Mac OSX.

WICED-Smart-SDK-2.2.2-IDE-Installer.zip

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Tim,

I am playing with adding the smart SDK to my WICED (wifi) osx installation. This is basically eclipse anyway so I assume whatever I do should work for you.

For setting the location of make you can use the c/c++ build properties.

Go to the properties dialogue for the project, click on "c/c++ build". On this screen you can deselect "Use default build command" and "${workspace_loc:/WICED-Smart-SDK-1.1.0}/make".

This will now have the project use the make in the base directory.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Everything compiles with the above. It is the "download" part that is causing problems now.

The CGS application firstly wasn't flagged as executable, which could be my zip softwares fault. Secondly, "CGS_FULL_NAME" wasn't defined for OSX in wiced_toolchain_common.mk.

Thirdly the dyld, dynamic linker, cannot find libcgs.so as the executable is being called from outside of the folder.

Following is the error.

dyld: Library not loaded: ./libcgs.so

Referenced from: /Users/j/Dropbox/Wiced/SDK/WICED-Smart-SDK-1.1.0/Tools/CGS/OSX/cgs

Reason: image not found

Trace/BPT trap: 5

Im not sure how to move forward from here. I am wondering how much testing has been done or if there are some environment variables i am missing?

Cheers,

Josh

0 Likes

Your schedule may not permit waiting a couple weeks, but the upcoming SDK 2.0 release will support MAC

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess I can use it under a windows VM for "a couple of weeks".

I'm not in enough of a hurry to attempt fixing it myself.

Thanks Shawn.

0 Likes
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

Please refer to the current release of SDK2.2.2 in Jan/2016 for Mac OSX.

WICED-Smart-SDK-2.2.2-IDE-Installer.zip

0 Likes