WICED-Smart-SDK-IDE-Installer for Windows XP

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I am trying to install WICED-Smart-SDK-2.2.1-IDE-Installer in my windows XP but it fails. Is there any other version of SDK-IDE that works on windows XP?

Ras

0 Likes
1 Solution

Note that I checked with the developers today and it appears that the SDK was designed to support x32/x64 Windows 7/8 only, no XP.

My apologies for not pointing this out earlier.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Be specific.  What fails?  Error messages?  Which version of Windows?

Most of our users leverage this installer, so it works.  Typically, the problem lies in the download iteself not being complete.  Download the file to your desktop and make sure it's roughly 260MB in size.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

It gives me message "It can not run into your platform it quit. Support platform Windows 7(32) and Windows 8(32)".

I have Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition version 2003 service pack2.

I have download several times the size is exactly 260MB in size.

Rashid

0 Likes

msiddique

The SDK requires the 32b Java environment.  Do you recall installing it specifically?  x64 machines normally ship with the x64 Java environment, so you would have had to install the x32 version.

Both will live together on the same machine with no issues.

Let us know if this works.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I install 32b Java environment it did not work still i have the same message "Support platform Windows 7(32) and Windows 8(32)".

Rashid

0 Likes

Let me see if I can track down someone internally with this exact environment installed that can test.

79rpm

0 Likes

Note that I checked with the developers today and it appears that the SDK was designed to support x32/x64 Windows 7/8 only, no XP.

My apologies for not pointing this out earlier.

0 Likes