WICED Smart SDK 2.2.1 has been released...

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Changes for WICED-Smart-SDK-2.2.1

• Added indoor positioning server and automation IO client and server sample applications
  • Improved RF performance for some parts with temperature variation
  • Updated patches to the latest version.
  • Updated cgs and chipload tools to the latest version.
  • Added new/improved optional libraries: runtime_stats, additional_advertisement_control, single_channel_scan,hci_uart_pins_as_gpio
  • A number of bug fixes

The Windows installer version is available here: WICED-Smart-SDK-2.2.1-IDE-Installer (Windows)

Linux and OSX versions to follow.

1 Solution

WICED Sense was not designed to be a true development board, so the unit powers up in application mode.  In order to put the device into programming mode, you will need to carefully open the case and press the reset button that is found inside. I believe there are some instructions for doing this here in the WICED Sense Table of Contents

Once you have access to the reset button and can put the part into programming mode, any of the programs within the WICED Smart SDK can be programmed onto the device.

In order to program the wiced_sense project onto the device, you will need to create a new make target.  This is a fairly straight forward process that is described in the WICED Smart Quick Start Guide (SDK 2.x and TAG3 Board) - basically, you need to copy and paste one of the existing make targets and rename it with the prefix "wiced_sense" to match the name of the directory where the project resides (be careful when renaming as people commonly make syntax mistakes).

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I currently have the 2.2.0 IDE installed as well as the 2.2.0 SDK, is it possible to simply download the .zip of the 2.2.1 SDK and use it with the 2.2.0 IDE and simply change the workspace? Or should the IDE be updated as well?

0 Likes

whitephoenix92

When I installed SDK 2.2.1, I essentially created a new directory during the Windows install process called "2.2.1" and took the defaults the rest of the way through.  I am now able to use the switch workspace feature within the IDE to change between 2.2 and 2.2.1.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello there,

Has the SDK been released for Mac OS X or Linux? If not, when is it expected?  I have had some boards which exhibit faulty advertisement behavior, and it looks like this update may fix the problem. I mostly use the command line on Mac OS X for my development work. Is there an easy way to port the bug fixes in the Windows SDK as an interim workaround?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Arvind

We will talk to the developers this week to see if we can get some guidance on when the OSX and Linux versions of the SDK will be released.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Any update?

Arvind

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello there,

It has been a while since I asked this question-- I would still very much like to use a OS X version of 2.2.1. I'm using mostly the command line on OS X to download code, so the IDE is not important. Any workaround for OS X? Any update on when this will be available?

Thanks!

Arvind

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello ,

I am new to Wiced-sense and the SDK , Please help with the below queries :

1) I downloaded the SDK WICED-Smart-SDK-2.2.1-IDE-Installer and I see that the Wiced -Sense directory is already part of the SDk along with the make file. But not able to identify which Make target to use with the wiced-sense to run on the wiced-sense through USB  .The videos in the blog talk about downloading the code for wiced sense and adding it to the apps folder and creating a new makefile . But in the latest SDK already all these are in place.

I have a wiced -sense with the firmware up and application running on it .But want to run the same through IDE and debug the wiced-sense code .

2) Is it possible to run any other applications on the wiced-sense or need a "WICED Smart Tag" board to try out the other applications ?

Thanks,

Aruna

0 Likes

WICED Sense was not designed to be a true development board, so the unit powers up in application mode.  In order to put the device into programming mode, you will need to carefully open the case and press the reset button that is found inside. I believe there are some instructions for doing this here in the WICED Sense Table of Contents

Once you have access to the reset button and can put the part into programming mode, any of the programs within the WICED Smart SDK can be programmed onto the device.

In order to program the wiced_sense project onto the device, you will need to create a new make target.  This is a fairly straight forward process that is described in the WICED Smart Quick Start Guide (SDK 2.x and TAG3 Board) - basically, you need to copy and paste one of the existing make targets and rename it with the prefix "wiced_sense" to match the name of the directory where the project resides (be careful when renaming as people commonly make syntax mistakes).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the detailed response.

Regards,

Aruna

0 Likes

I will check in with the SVT team again today to see if any progress has been made related to the release of the OSX installer for SDK 2.2.1

We will post the release on the community when it is available.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

As a "workaround", I've downloaded the .7z version:

WICED-Smart-SDK-2.2.1 (.7z Archive)

I am able to use this to download code from my Mac, and it seems to work as expected. Any potential issues with this approach? I've not done extensive testing to verify my build yet...

Regards,

Arvind

0 Likes

I believe that the .7z versions of the SDK are used to manually upgrade an existing installation of the SDK, just as you have done.

0 Likes