WICED Sense confusion

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
StBa_721356
Level 5
Level 5
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

In WICED Sense Reference Design Schematic (PDF) a BCM20732S is used but in the WICED SENSE Quick Start Guide a BCM20737S is used.

Which one is correct?

1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
0 Likes
17 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

According to WICED Sense Reference Design Bill of Materials, BCM20737S is used.

0 Likes

Thanks!

An updated Schematics file would be nice...

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Stefan

We will update the schematic shortly

JT

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Stefan,

The schematic has been updated.

Thank you for catching that!

JT

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please,

can you remove the "Broadcom Proprietary & Confidential" in Schematic?
If published and released for customers, I want to get and use a legal version of this file.
(if confidential - why I can see it?)
Thank you.

BTW:
Where could I find the Android App?
(BRCM might support much more Android phones and platforms, why not the WICED Sense?
Press release promise that Android is available and supported)

It is mentioned, it is a "Development Kit".
Where could I find:
- the SDK with all the firmware, demos for this Sense board (assuming the SDK is the "regular" one for the Smart eval board)
- How could I add other sensors?
- How to open the device and add more my extensions?

- How to flash or debug the FW in device?

Is it a Development kit or a end customer product?
Please could you elaborate what "Development" means?
For instance: Will you provide a document which will illustrate all the BLE GATT UUIDs implemented so that clients could develop app for it? Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a chace to get tjaekel ' s questions answered soon:

- How to open the device and add more my extensions?

- How to flash or debug the FW in device?

Thanks, Fritz

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I just got the Wiced sense kit yesterday. I am not able to open the battery door behind to remove the tab to start operating the device. Do you have any instructions on how to do this or did i just get a bad kit?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can use a coin, e.g. a quarter, or the back side of a curved kitchen knife. There is a slot, you can turn (to the left in order to open).
There are also two markers, small dots (actually "open" and "close" as well) as match points for the slow on cover.

It might be a bit tough and needing stronger force. Therefore, use the right tool, which uses really almost the length of the slot. I have damaged my one already a bit by using a regular screw driver (which will not work if it is not a very huge one, a coin might be the best tool. A coin battery can be changed quite often with a coin as tool, but do not use the battery itself)

BTW: my suggestion for handling the battery:

• try to avoid to touch it too much with your fingers (they have acid and salt on it, battery surface would get fat (bad contact), can cause corrosion or creates leakage connections)
  • never touch with two fingers in a way, that you bridge plus and minus: your body resistance is quite low (maybe 3 .. 5K) but it is already a "regular" load for your battery. You and discharge battery just with fingers.
  • Do not use metal tools, e.g. pliers, tweezers. If needed to adjust inside: finger or even better wooden tooth sticks, straws. If you create a shortcut on battery, it might be dead immediately.

What I do often with such batteries:

• wash your hands, especially the inside of your hand (palm), dry really and do not touch other stuff before touching battery.
  • I let battery fall into my hand (not taking it between fingers). I let it drop from package into palm of my hand. So, I do not create a short between plus and minus.
  • take device and your hand and adjust so that you can let drop the battery inside the device. Or you put it over and you turn both so that battery lies inside device at the end.
    Now you can adjust battery (often it needs), put the cover over it, maybe adjust again a bit so that you can push the cover (a small spring effect inside on contacts).
    Hold it, press it a bit, plug the coin tool into slot and turn carefully to the right.
    If it does not close properly or you think resistance is high to turn: cover might be opposite direction (the battery logo is on opposite site, on bottom side if I see the markers), or the battery does not sit correctly in holder inside.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello tjaekel,

We just updated the WICED Sense BLOG Page:

WICED Sensor Kit and WICED Sensor App BLOG

1. The Android version is undergoing test now - No ETA at this time
  2. The SDK is found here: WICED Sense SDK 2.1 Firmware.zip
  3. Look at the Code Walk-Thru - Just posted this morning.

More to come...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I have just received the Sense device this afternoon. Ill get started with the SDK.

0 Likes

The WICED Sense App for Android is now available: WICED Sense - Android Apps on Google Play

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Schematic has been updated

JT

MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

The BCM20737S module was used for the WICED Sense Reference Design.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Where can I see the code for WICED Sense? Can that be uploaded soon?

And I noticed that all the code is marked as Broadcom Proprietary and Confidential. Can this be removed? Can we get legal copies?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with gmelcer.
"Confidential" in any release, public client docs scares me.
Is BRCM committed to Open Source, at least to release docs, SW/FW with a clear license policy (e.g. GNU)?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Checking on code now.

JT

Anonymous
Not applicable

QSG has been changed: WICED SENSE Quick Start Guide

0 Likes