Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

Smart Bluetooth Forum Discussions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any updates on the availability of an app note and/or example app demonstrating the RSA capabilities of the BCM20737?

In the absence of an app note, I do have a couple questions on how RSA is implemented.  What's the recommended approach to store the private key?  The 20737's NVRAM is external and insecure with nothing to prevent someone from extracting a private key stored within.  If the private key is stored in RAM then a new key pair must be generated each time the part is reset or emerges from deep sleep (HIDOFF).  Can anyone comment?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

andrew997

First off, I wanted to note that the Secure OTA Feature leverages the RSA Library, so the library is indeed functional.

However, you are correct - a private key cannot be securely stored in the 20737.

Thanks

JT

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

andrew997

First off, I wanted to note that the Secure OTA Feature leverages the RSA Library, so the library is indeed functional.

However, you are correct - a private key cannot be securely stored in the 20737.

Thanks

JT

0 Likes