UART functions differently on BCM2073X A1 vs A0

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the 20732A1 (SDK 2.0.1) working with the exception of the UART.

It was working correctly on the 20732A0 (SDK 1.1.0).

Is anyone aware of any changes between the A1 and A0  regarding the UART functionality.

(In either the A1/A0 or the SDK).

0 Likes
1 Solution

I likewise have sent a private message with detailed instructions on who to contact regarding this version of the BCM20732 SOC.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
ShawnA_01
Employee
Employee
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

There are no differences between the (A0 vs. A1) devices for both the Programming and Peripheral UARTs.

What are the symptoms of not-working?   Doesn't work at all?   Drops some characters? 

Are you using code from the Hardware Interfaces document, something from the SDK contents, or something you created?

Anonymous
Not applicable

On the 20732A0, I download the code, remove the USB, from the mini-switches on the board I flip the two switches so data can be displayed on the console.   I replace the USB, then I can see output, and input keystrokes.

On the 20732A1, I follow the exact same steps, but there is no output and I can't input data;  But if I flip the switches back (without disconnecting the USB), I see output, put I can't input anything?

0 Likes

I sent you a private message. Please check your inbox.

0 Likes

I likewise have sent a private message with detailed instructions on who to contact regarding this version of the BCM20732 SOC.

0 Likes