The bluetooth dongle for windows app example

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sir,

When I try to execute the hello sensor example app on windows 7. The following message showed up.

I use the CSR BT dongle and the Bluetooth radio is present also. Any suggestion?

ScreenClip.png

0 Likes
1 Solution

Which exact BCM20702 based dongle are you using?

Note that the Broadcom BT dongle that used to ship with the TAG2 boards are no longer supported and we are referring customers to partners like Plugable/GMYLE that make BT Dongles based on the BCM20702 that have much better technical support for Windows drivers than we can provide here.

With that said, I was able to install the Broadcom Dongle from the TAG2 board with the BTW drivers from here:

Bluetooth Software Download | Broadcom, with no problems at all on a Dell Laptop running Win7 32b, 4GB of RAM.

But I seem to be one of the lucky ones.

Other users have also been able to get the drivers working correctly with the Broadcom supplied dongle by using the drivers from Plugable (links to these are scattered throughout other posts on the website).

The best bet is to buy a third party dongle based on the BCM20702 (Plugable and GMYLE are just two of the many suppliers of such).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to use Broadcom dongle.

Please refer below thread for detail.

Interested in using Broadcom’s Windows stack for Windows 7?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sir, After I get the Broadcom BT USB dongle, I installed the driver as you mention in the link.

But, the error still occurred. Do you have any suggestion? I've tried a Laptop and a Desktop. Both are the same.

ScreenClip.png

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

If another Bluetooth is installed into your PC, please try disabling it.

I hope following threads would help you.

HelloClient.exe reports "Broadcom Bluetooth profile pack for Windows (BTW)..." error

HelloClient.exe reports it needs BTWLeApi.dll

0 Likes

Which exact BCM20702 based dongle are you using?

Note that the Broadcom BT dongle that used to ship with the TAG2 boards are no longer supported and we are referring customers to partners like Plugable/GMYLE that make BT Dongles based on the BCM20702 that have much better technical support for Windows drivers than we can provide here.

With that said, I was able to install the Broadcom Dongle from the TAG2 board with the BTW drivers from here:

Bluetooth Software Download | Broadcom, with no problems at all on a Dell Laptop running Win7 32b, 4GB of RAM.

But I seem to be one of the lucky ones.

Other users have also been able to get the drivers working correctly with the Broadcom supplied dongle by using the drivers from Plugable (links to these are scattered throughout other posts on the website).

The best bet is to buy a third party dongle based on the BCM20702 (Plugable and GMYLE are just two of the many suppliers of such).

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sir, I've checked both of the list but my case seems different.

The interesting thing is, I execute the application in the 'release' folder by default is no problem.

The error occur from the application that I build in the debug folder.

So, it seems not the problem of the driver but more like library thing in the windows project.

I'll do more experiment for example to install the WDK.

My Visual Studio IDE is VS2012 Professional.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand.

Unfortunately I don't have VS2012Pro.(I couldn't build it since I have only VS2012express)

So let's wait for someone else.

* You can remove "correct" from my comment I think.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sir,

I finally have some clue of it.

- My desktop is x64. If I build with x64 configuration, it works fine.

If I build with Win32 for Debug and Release, the error message BTW has to be installed still showed up.

But why? I thought both should work...

0 Likes