SDK 2.0.1 glucose profile MAJOR concern

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where did all of the glucose profile code go?

In SDK 1.1.0 there was code that setup services / characteristics etc ...

Seems like there is skeletal code in there now ?

0 Likes
1 Solution

You have two options:

1. Implement your own glucose meter app entirely in RAM.

2. Override only the functionality that you want to modify.

In #2, since you have a vendor specific service in addition to glucose profile, define your own GATT DB and use that in your APPLICATION_INIT function to pas into the bleapp_set_cfg() call. If you need to handle writes into your vendor specific characteristics, define your own application_create function in which you invoke the ROM implementation of the blebgm_Create() so the ROM implementation is initialized, and then register a callback to handle such writes with legattdb_regWriteHandleCb().

runnint_speed_cadence does something similar. The ROM already has blersc.{c,h} and the app in Apps/running_speed_cadence replaces the GATT DB with its own DB, timer callback and write handle callback, while reusing other ROM functions like blersc_connUp, blersc_connDown, blersc_*

View solution in original post

3 Replies
asridharan
Employee
Employee
10 comments on KBA 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

All that code is now in the ROM now. See Wiced-Smart/bleapp/app/blebgm.c for blood glucose meter.

In general, if there are no source files in an app under SDK/Apps, but only a makefile.mk, then the app is already implemented in the ROM.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I f I need to modify parts of the ROM code how do I go about doing this?

For example, in the A0 ROM code I added a Vendor Specific service to the glucose profile setup.

I also may need to eliminate some of the optional parts of profile

0 Likes

You have two options:

1. Implement your own glucose meter app entirely in RAM.

2. Override only the functionality that you want to modify.

In #2, since you have a vendor specific service in addition to glucose profile, define your own GATT DB and use that in your APPLICATION_INIT function to pas into the bleapp_set_cfg() call. If you need to handle writes into your vendor specific characteristics, define your own application_create function in which you invoke the ROM implementation of the blebgm_Create() so the ROM implementation is initialized, and then register a callback to handle such writes with legattdb_regWriteHandleCb().

runnint_speed_cadence does something similar. The ROM already has blersc.{c,h} and the app in Apps/running_speed_cadence replaces the GATT DB with its own DB, timer callback and write handle callback, while reusing other ROM functions like blersc_connUp, blersc_connDown, blersc_*