Receiver Sensitivity Testing

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have seen some 20737 units that advertise but do not respond to connection attempts.  One conjecture is that these units have defective or insensitive receivers.  We would like to add a receiver sensitivity test to our factory test flow.

I see the functions blecm_StartRevieverTest() (with its amusing spelling) and blecm_EndTest(), and I see how mbt.cpp uses HCI "equivalents" of those functions.

It's unclear, though, how one gets the receiver test results back from those API calls.  In mbt.cpp, the "number of packets received" result comes back as part of an HCI response packet.  For systems like ours, with no HCI UART access, that avenue is not available.

How would one actually use the "Reveiver" test API in practice?

0 Likes
5 Replies
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

You may refer to a PDF doc located at WICED-Smart-SDK/doc within the IDE for more details on how to implement LE Tx/Rx tests.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have read the document in question many times - assuming that it is Manufacturing-Bluetooth-Test-Tool.pdf .  It does not address the issue raised in the question.  That tool uses the HCI UART interface.  As my question stated, our design does not have access to the HCI UART, so the tool cannot be used.

The question is about the API calls that provide similar functionality - but seem to be missing a crucial part of the result.

0 Likes

I believe your question is related to a similar question one of your co-workers had over here in this thread correct: How to lock Tx on a particular channel? (Con't)

Is there a specific API you are using?  We have limited experience internally with these APIs, but can ask around and see if the developers can help.

We created the MBT tools to abstract away alot of this complexity, but it looks like you cannnot use those.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The specific API I'm interested in is clearly identified in the second paragraph of my original question, namely the functions blecm_StartReveiverTest() and blecm_EndTest().

The thread about "lock Tx" refers to the transmit test functions.  My question refers to the receive test functions.

My specific question is "how, when using those API functions, does one obtain the results of the test, specifically the number of packets that were received".

0 Likes

Thanks for the clarification.  I rarely get questions on this topic, so this is new ground for me.

It may be next week before we can allocate time for the developers to look into this and respond.

0 Likes