Rebooting/Recovery of a BCM20737S **HELP**

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have placed the BCM20737S on a custom board I am working on a the moment.

I was playing around programming a few example programs from the WICED SDK.

Was programming away fine. I was getting back print outs over the uart.

I then uploaded a custom program and then I was getting no print back over the uart.

Also my device was not showing up as advertising.

I then tried programming an old example that programmed earlier with no problem.

But it kept failing to program.

My question is that I know the bcm920737tag has a function where you can recovery the device if the eeprom gets corrupt, this is what could of possibly happened to me?

Are you able to recovery the BCM20737S with some function?

Another thing is that when I go into my device manger to look at my com ports I only see one port. Usually you see two when you connect the BCM920737tag and the first one is the one you use for recovery.

I am programming the module using the TTL-232R-3V3. Linking the rx of the bcm20737s to the tx of the TLL-232R-3V3 and the tx of the bcm20737s to the rx of the TLL-232R-3V3. Also connecting the grounds. This works fine for programming so should be good for recovery but im not seeing the two com ports like you would expect?

Hello,

Any help would be grateful.

Thanks,

Luke.

1 Solution
JacobT_81
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

It's very common for the EEPROM to become corrupted if you are frequently downloading and testing new firmware. The recovery process on the SDK will be the same as if you were recovering a WICED Sense Kit. However, if your custom board didn't take into account the recovery process you may need to flywire off your board. See the link that boont​ attached above for more detailed instructions. The goal is to power cycle with SDA pulled to ground. And afterward, release the ground from SDA. THEN proceed with the SDK recovery process.

It's concerning that the second COM port disappeared. They should appear no matter the state of the Broadcom chip on the other side (unless there is a short). I recommend trying an alternate programming cable.

Jacob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies