Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

Smart Bluetooth Forum Discussions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys,

I am using the TAG3 development board and trying to read/write registers using I2C. I am trying to load the modified I2C_temperature_sensor code but I cant program the board with I2C pins connected. To program the board I have to disconnect the I2C pins, run recovery procedure and only then I can program the board but I am not able to read registers. Please help.

0 Likes
1 Solution
ArvindS_76
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

If you have an oscilloscope, could you check the voltage levels on SCL and SDA when trying to program or read from/write to the temperature sensor? If the tag board is powered over USB, VDDIO will be 1.8v (if I remember the schematic right), so ensure that the I2C sensor's min operating voltage is 1.8v or below. And I think VDDIO will be VBAT (which should be 3V) when running with a battery. So see if running with battery power makes a difference.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ArvindS_76
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

If you have an oscilloscope, could you check the voltage levels on SCL and SDA when trying to program or read from/write to the temperature sensor? If the tag board is powered over USB, VDDIO will be 1.8v (if I remember the schematic right), so ensure that the I2C sensor's min operating voltage is 1.8v or below. And I think VDDIO will be VBAT (which should be 3V) when running with a battery. So see if running with battery power makes a difference.