Quick Question: Smart Designer & OTA

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hiya,

so I've got a project that I used the smart designer (sdk 2.1.1) to create & now want to build in OTA firmware upgrades. Example projects & PC apps all tested & work ok.

However, when I open up the smart designer, check the OTA box & hit generate code the *_db.h & .c files seem unchanged, no BTLE services to support the upgrades.

So is it the case that the Smart Designer doesn't generate GATT material for OTA?

Cheers

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I believe there are several functions available within the Smart Designer GUI that are not functional.  The OTA checkbox may be one of these.  Smart Designer is an excellent tool to generate your GATT database, but remains somewhat limited as a tool to create a new project from start to finish.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I believe there are several functions available within the Smart Designer GUI that are not functional.  The OTA checkbox may be one of these.  Smart Designer is an excellent tool to generate your GATT database, but remains somewhat limited as a tool to create a new project from start to finish.

0 Likes